Jump to content

Nintendo 64 - Database (XML) 2.0 DEV

   (0 reviews)
Sign in to follow this  

About This File

A small update to the N64 development database. I added CRC values that were missing for the Japanese games and added the following translations:

  • Animal Forest (Doubutsu no Mori) (Translated En by Zoinkity)
    • new, aka. Animal Crossing, I left the Japanese title in 
  • Bomberman 64 (Japan) (Arcade Edition) (Translated En by Zoinkity)
    • replaces Bomberman 64 (Japan) (Arcade Edition)
  • Chameleon Twist (Japan) (Translated En by Zoinkity)
    • different gamplay from the international version
  • Densha de Go! 64 (Japan) (Translated En by Zoinkity)
    • I left the untranslated Japanese version in because I did not playtest it, I currently only run RetroArch and that crashes on this

Note: I only gave credit to the translator in the description, the game name will just have '(Translated En)'

All CRCs I added are based on the Doctor V64 format (Technically speaking: byte-swapped big-endian), that the rest of the datfile seems to have been generated from. Personally I do prefer the Mr. Backup Z64 format, since that uses the native byte order (plain big-endian), meaning when you open the file in a hex editor you can read the cartridge title without twisting your mind :) Incidentally that is also the fileformat you need to use when you apply the translation patches to the original ROMs.

Translation patches come from: RomHacking.net

When you need to convert ROMs to the appropriate format, I suggest you try ucon64 which is kind of  swiss army knife 

  • Upvote 4



User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

There are no reviews to display.

×
×
  • Create New...