About This File
(requires .net 4)
Windows 8 users: Please download this .webm codec for video playback to work: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/webmmf/
- NEW: Log.txt created to record more detail during certain processes to assist debugging
- Fixed bug during publishing process that would cause some themes to not create
NEW: Filter on installed games only! This might not always be 100% accurate for various reasons but let me know how it goes. (thanks ParadoxSeven for testing)
- AutoSet video enhancement: The .config file now allows you to modify how the autoset feature behaves:
<!-- int value or MIDPOINT --><add key="AutoSetVideo.StartPointOffSetInSeconds" value="MIDPOINT"/><add key="AutoSetVideo.DurationInSeconds" value="35"/><!-- true/false--><add key="AutoSetVideo.CenterAroundStartPoint" value="true"/>
- AutoSetVideo.StartPointOffSetInSeconds: Set to for example "10" to always start 10 seconds into the video. Set to "MIDPOINT" to start from the half-way mark in the video
AutoSetVideo.DurationInSeconds: Simply the duration you want the final video to be
AutoSetVideo.CenterAroundStartPoint: If true the video will start from StartPointOffSetInSeconds - (DurationInSeconds / 2.0)
Just a minor update to address two immediate issues. Sorry for the lack of updates, life happens...
- Fixed background downloading - The Steam store changed their CDN it seems. Might happen again so will have to rewrite the scraping code to be smarter
- New feature: You can now auto-assign the first video across all entries on your list. Order of precedence: .webm, .mp4, .flv. Preference is also given to videos with "gametrailer" in the name. NOTE: You still follow the normal download procedure after which you have to click the "Auto-set video" link
- Fixed bug where video conversion process did not work correctly on some locales
- New feature: Wheel styling
You can now optionally add some basic styling to all your wheel images.
- Added options to publish window to control which types of media gets published.
- Fixed ffmpeg localisation bug (again)
- New feature: Publish to PCLauncher (for HL 3.0) - suggested by djvj
Just provide the folder where your HyperLaunch.exe file is located.
NOTE: Backup your .ini files in ..\RocketLauncher\Modules\PCLauncher to be safe
- New feature: exe filename is retrieved from steamdb.info - suggested by sycdan
Just run through the fetch process for each game again. The exe name is published to the PCLauncher .ini as well (AppWaitExe) so now you don't need to configure that anymore.
- Includes some other minor enhancements
- Improved and fixed the merging algorithm to not create duplicates in some situations
- New feature: When fetching your game list you now have the option to set the Http Cookies header. This is to allow downloading resources on age restricted games (e.g. Manhunt). You can also change the region code for games that are region-locked.
- Added localisation support for ffmpeg output parsing - thanks MrSparkle! (haven't had a chance to test this though)
- Fixed out of memory issues experienced by some users (hopefully!)
- New feature: Before fetching your game list you can now provide a custom list of steam app Ids that are NOT on your steam profile.
- Now includes the 32bit version of ffmpeg instead of the 64bit one. If you'd like the 64bit one rather, download the static version from http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/ and overwrite the one in the ffmpeg folder.
- Projects now remember your SteamProfileId
- Project functionality - You can now Save/Load projects for later use and updating
- Videos! Automatically downloads videos from big picture and the steam store page.
- Download videos from YouTube. If the videos from Steam are not sufficient or non-existent download one from YouTube.
- Easily extract only a specific portion from the video. Also auto converts to MP4 format and 640x480 size. Note: ffmpeg is required for this (included in download)
- Downloads background from steam store.
- Includes a basic theme which together with the background, video and wheel creates a decent looking, no effort, steam wheel
- Added merge capability. When publishing to an existing system the app now merges the new database with the existing one. It first tries to match on steam app id, then on name similarity.
- Added http caching - this will help with subsequent requests
- Added basic error logging
- Added better steamId help
- Added a nicer default main menu wheel
- Game wheel images are now resized to a height of 175px
- Now automatically marking items with no additional detail for exclusion
- ':' converted to ' - '
- Added ability to specify the position of the new system in the main menu
- Made it more clear when you're about to overwrite an existing config
You need to use your steam64Id.
You can convert it here: http://steamidconverter.com
To find it from your profile page, see this link: http://gaming.stackexchange.com/a/25787
I created a small app to assist with Steam wheel creation.
Basic steps are:
1. Start with the "Create new" button.
2. Provide your steam id (64bit) and a name for the system (e.g. "Steam")
Correct format: 76561197960435530
Incorrect formats: STEAM_0:0:84901, 123456
3. Allow it to download all the game detail. Note: Some items might fail (e.g. the steam sdk or any betas or early releases or tools)
4. Once everything has downloaded create a list.
5. You can now review the game list. Press DELETE to mark an item for exclusion. Press DELETE again to toggle.
6. Once you're happy click "Publish".
7. NOTE: The system will be automatically added to your hyperspin config. Please backup your existing config first, or play around on a separate copy of HS
Some things of note...
o. Wheel images are currently fixed to a width of 400px.
o. I've included a default system and main menu theme zip file with just a basic background. You can replace this.
o. I've also included a main wheel image (Steam.png).