Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Rampage running incredibly fast in MAMEUIFX .163

griffin518

Looking for a sanity check here... just finished updating all my ROMs (ran the lot through CLRMAMEPRO, etc) and MAMEUIFX to .163. Everything is terrific except for Rampage. It seems to run at 1.5 or 2x normal speed.

I haven't found another game which is showing the same behavior. Is anyone else having the same issue?

Which Rampage? World Tour or the older one?

I think it's best to have an older copy of MAME around incase you run into issues, you can try out problematic games with a different version. The nightly builds of Retroarch have a core for an older mame setup, which is what I've been using.

In Rocket Launcher it's really easy to manage the exceptions. (use this same process to add Daphne and Model 2 to my arcade games wheel. still need to do this for other arcade systems just haven't gotten to it)

This is the original one from the 80s... I guess I could try it with an older version of mameuifx. Let me give that a shot.

Edit: Just tried it using MAMEUIFX .159 with the same results. Does anyone know if the ROM changed in the last update? Could someone else give it a shot?

Ok so it ran fine in MAME .115 (ha!).. so time to take another path for this, I guess.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Edit: Solved! It ended up being a monitor refresh sync issue. While other games play well with it, I guess Rampage does not.

Archived