Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Donkey kong arcade cab build

nicke36

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
artwork is done

now i need to look for a screen and a pc and the cab is finished

DSC_3026_zps5dc62d0f.jpg

looks great you did a fantastic job on it, like I said before I used a 23inch screen lcd and fits just perfect in the Nintendo cab

sure I can take some with my phone of the inside so you can see it from the back

post-78805-142870593625_thumb.jpg

I know in the cab pic you can't see but all around the monitor I just used a black piece of cardboard measured out the monitors spacing and cut it out to fit around it, so its all nice and clean in there. In the back its 2 pieces of 1/2inch by 3 inch wood on each side angled to hold up the screen. And one piece under it to hold it in place. The way the acer monitor is I never decased it was perfect to put the wood on each side and it just sits there never moves, no need to mount it down.

post-78805-142870593612_thumb.jpg

post-78805-142870593624_thumb.jpg

Thx for that ,

But can you take a few pics in front of the cab while running? Because i like to know how it looks with the bezel. I was wondering if you can see the whole screen and that there is nothing hiding behind the bezelartwork when you stand in front of the cabinet

Thx

ya looks great hold up Ill snap some, when your playing theres no issues of not seeing anything as your looking into the cab not at the cab.

Snapped them real quick hope it helps, like I said when your playing it looks great imo

post-78805-142870593632_thumb.jpg

Even in the far away shots you can still see hyperspin fine, like people can walk by and see it and be like oooo ahhhh lol

post-78805-142870593627_thumb.jpg

post-78805-142870593629_thumb.jpg

post-78805-14287059363_thumb.jpg

Ok

that looks cool :D

thx

Mario kart? what kind of system do you have running in there?

All the system specs are in my post I did about the finished machines http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?24735-Showing-off-my-finished-nintendo-cabs&highlight=donkey+kong+finished

All games running to 1080p 60fps, with plugins and filters and such ect ect lol. Went for cheap, effective but low power consumption to save on heat. Even added a couple pc fans to the back panel but its not really needed as its so low in heat even under full load from any of the emulators I have...which Is like anything from NES to Wii, dreamcast to lol everything except odd obsure stuff which I am working on adding just for the sake of having it. I also got ps1 games running fine in there.

Hope some of this info helps and can't wait to see yours all done up and running. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived