Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

what's the difference between themes and artwork?

thcdgaf

Question

I was know about artwork,it's placement,and is it same use for themes and what to use to make backgrounds for flash or art is gimp good program just wanna know because dunno first thing about themes or artwork point me in right direction :)

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

5 answers to this question

Well in your Hyperspin install you have a program called HyperTheme which is what you use to build your own.

I use that and Photoshop Elements myself. It's possible to get fancy with Flash to make the really hi-res animated themes, but I don't know what all is needed for those.

In PShop your layers need to be named correctly for HyperTheme

Artwork4

Artwork3

Artwork2

Artwork1

Background

You can't animate the background layer, but you can the other 4 (If you want an animated background layer then make your actual background Artwork1)

Your Video plays above the Background and Artwork1, but below Artwork2 and up.

Oh yeah, there's also a Wheel Art layer. I've never used it so not sure where it goes or if it does anything good.

Copy and paste:

Themes have the following artwork layer structure:

in order from top to bottom:

Game description
    Special art (joysticks etc)
    Artwork4
    Artwork3
    Artwork2
    Video border
    Video
    Artwork1
    Wheel
    Pointer
    Background

You can move the Artwork1-4 layers around by editing the theme zip, other than that, you're basically stuck with how it is.

If artwork is covering up the wheel or overlapping it, you basically need to either adjust the wheel or move the artwork around, adjust it's size or even delete some.

Special art can be removed

Game description text can be removed

Pointer can be removed

Wheel transparency can be adjusted between fading to 0% to not fading at all

Archived