Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

5" Touch Screen LCD for controls

bmarks81

Hey guys,

I've been an enthusiast for a while now but haven't gotten around to building a cabinet yet. Ive built a PC and loaded and configured Hyperspin the way I want it. Now its time to work out the details of my controls. I have a 5" touch lcd that i was thinking of mounting on my CB or under the bezel. Where its going isnt important. What I need to know is how to get it to show volume controls and possibly lighting. It would be cool if it displayed art of whatever game I was playing and when i tap it the screen would change to a volume control and then after a few seconds of inactivity it would go back to the "screen saver" So does anyone know if this is even possible? If so can you point me in the right direction and tell me where to find info on setting this up? Ive searched around and keep finding stuff on Andriod and iPad mame systems. Any help would be appreciated. If you happen to have a touch controller built in to your system id love to see it and hear how it works. 

This sounds interesting.If you have two screens available to you, try experimenting with them to see if it will work to add a second screen. What I am afraid might happen with the touch is that when you touch the secondary screen on the panel that will then steal the focus and the mouse from the main application. I don't think that it is possible to do a touch screen off one computer because of the mouse issue. This is definitely possible with two separate computers and a link between them over lan for communicating the active game. (i.e. a raspberry pi and your main computer).

If you must do it on the same computer, it would be best to get a simple non touch screen and then have dedicated buttons for the different controls.

I think related topics to your question would be things like can I game in one screen and browser in the other.

Archived