Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Hyperspin with Retroarch black screen on all but the most recently loaded

waddlecaudle

So I know this is specific, but it seems some other articles/posts run into a somewhat similar issue. I have Retroarch, and from the RocketLauncherUI I am able to successfully load all of the emulators I want to. However, from Hyperspin, only the most recently emulator loaded directly from Retroarch will successfully load, all others go to a black screen.

Example. If I load Super Mario 64 from Retroarch using detect core it loads perfectly. I can then go into Hyperspin and load Goldeneye64 no problem. Now if I go to load Sonic the screen goes black. Back out, open Retroarch, detect core load Sonic. Loads fine. Go back to Hyperspin, load Lion King for Sega and all is well. Go to load Goldeneye64 and get a black screen.

This can be repeated for other systems, so it seems it is dependent on the most recently loaded system.

I have turned on settings per core and turned them off. Off it loads a window with an overflow of gibberish (likely from the bad core config). This goes for the settings in RocketLauncherUI and Retroarch. I can't figure it, but it is so close to working... Rather frustrating. Also, have the specific cores selected for each system in the system specific Retroarch configuration within RocketLauncherUI.

Any help is appreciated. Windows 8.1.

@thcdgaf just updated to the latest stable version. Now I'm getting a blank console and retroarch doesn't load (similar situation as explained before just console instead of blank screen). The roms should be good, just used random ones as an example but all of them I have run directly through retroarch run.

Thanks for all suggestions.

Sounds like you have config problems I would set everything back to default or re-download it and start over. just download all your cores you want run all of them to make sure they work. Set retroarch up just like any other emulator in the global setting then just set your rom paths for your systems and select retroarch as your emulator. If you want different setting for  each systems lunch it through rocketluncher or hyperspin and hit F1 then set your setting as you like then hit save new config. Then go to your config folder in retroarch and name the new config file the same name as your system. easy way to find the recent file is sort by date should be the top one.

I hope that helps you.

Are you saying you can't run it in rlui if so you gotta have have name of config file same as xml name convention then on rlui go to modules then go to retroarch module and edit global settings point the config to config of system you are wanting to run and the do configuration per core to yes

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

Hey @kylecp1979 I was hoping to avoid a full reinstall. I can assume (since updating retroarch didn't work) it is something in my HyperLaunchHQ configuration for the individual wheels that is causing it or the RocketLauncherUI configuration for the emulator so I am going to try setting some of those back to default and see how it goes.

@thcdgaf I can open all games fine from RocketLauncherUI, it is only from Hyperspin I am having any issues.

Thanks for the help/recommendations guys

Archived