The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Finally starting my build

Reefboi16

As the title states, my build shall start. Nothing exciting for now just ordered all my hardware, buttons, interface, led controller, etc.
I will be running this with an Intel board DB75EN has an i5-3470 
8gb of ram running windows 7

I will be buying a video card that supports hdmi output. Still unsure what size monitor aka tv to go with as this will be a pedestal arcade.
Already have the cabinet designed and in Aspire (CNC cutting software) just need to take the mdf to the workshop to cut it out. Started to play a little bit with graphics. Thought it would be cool to have a marquee over the tv even though its a pedestal arcade. Building a box with a light to make it look nice. I will attach the image of my marquee. Still playing with the side panels of the pedestal and the control panel itself. Configuring HS has been very fun almost done just need my subscription to emu-movies to get them all in my emulators/games. Any tips on the marquee would be great.

Also if anybody has the Stealth led lit buttons from groovy game gear would y'all have the dimensions of the inside of the button where one would place an insert. I have created SVG files in illustrator to be cut in a vinyl cutter later but do not know what size to make them. I guess I can wait for the buttons to arrive just anxious lol

post-77111-0-07702200-1445652143_thumb.jpg

Hi! I have been going for about 2 months on my build. Its the 2 player csb in this forum, looks like you have a nice plan. Any images on the build plan? Are you going for a dynamic monitor type marquee with hypermarquee?

I think your buttons ar led blinky compatible. Is this 'addon' also a plan on your built?

I will most likely dont do them for my first one but it always interesting for future reference. That led blinky Thing it actual really useful. To lidt the active buttons in each emulator. Ill end up describeing the layout in the grafics somehow.. here i am babeling away.. haha. Welcome! an good to see you started. To me its been the most fun i have had for a long time. Great mix of challenges. Cheers!

Do not think I will be going the hyper marquee route those monitors/ screens are out of my budget LOL just saw your build it's looking good man! I am patiently waiting for my package hopefully its here soon. As for my build I am going with the pedestal plans that the TMNT pedestal that is floating around is. Keeping it simple for my first one then I will play with shapes and dimensions to make a custom pedestal.

I have a question on the GameCube games. I set up my GC emulator dolphin mainly for Mario Strikers but I would like other games in the future. I know its difficult to use arcade stick and buttons to control such games but I can do away witht he lob pass and lob shoot on mario strikers and turbo run to get the arcade feel. Is there an actual way to get these to work though? Are there other games on GC that are arcade joystick/button friendly?

• 2 weeks later...

Got my order from GGG. Getting the MDF cnc'd tomorrow. Tonight I decided to play with the led lit buttons just testing seeing how they look lit and also playing with vinyl inserts I am cutting. Pretty happy with the 1up button that will be in place as the COIN button and the escape button being the X. Power button will be blue not red. Have a couple others I did not get to but will post as soon as i get 

post-77111-0-10995500-1446612306_thumb.jpg

Amazing buttons. Thats inspireing! I was going to just do some simple prints for the buttons. But now i will give it more thought first. Im exited to se more of you work. Mdf in cnc i definitely the best way to go. Im to cheap for that :) sad this forum is so damn cheap on img space.

Skickat från min SM-G928F via Tapatalk

For whatever reason I can not upload more pictures. So I opened a Photobucket account to save all my pics in and share with you guys. I did not get to cnc the mdf yesterday but it gave me more time to work on the vinyl inserts and buttons finishes them all. The player one and player two buttons are actually silhouettes of Master Chief from the Halo game. Have a pause button, Volume up and down. Power button. Hopefully later today I have time to cut the mdf.

http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu240/r33fboi16/12187870_903600376394734_2621341242787559719_n_zpslndibixo.jpg 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Motherboard, drives, power supply and a couple things here and there all nicely mounted on a board with drawer slides for easy maintenance. Instead of climbing in the cabinet can slide out and work and even better if something needs a closer look the slides have a quick release can take whole board out and work on it.

76C8ABC7-3066-44B8-A015-D6627D570379_zps

Archived