Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

And yet another NES-PC :)

JSinn

That's awesome! Please show us your creation :)

I'll see if I can get some pics, gotta find that camera.

My main goal was to have a nearly 100% stock looking NES

and all for 400$ total.

A few features:

-CD/DVD tray - (used a non-working gold Zelda cart for the face)

-100% concealed - (looks nearly like a NES, save for one HDMI port)

-Uses a Pico PSU

-Original power and Reset works

-Uses original NES controller

-Motherboard mounted upside-down - (because it's 100% concealed)

Built on ASRock E3501 using onboard graphics and I think only 4GBs ram.

It was made for those good old NES binges, remember the days when all

we needed was a D-pad and two buttons? Haha, good Stuff.

Let's test out my camera skills, sorry. :P

9pt37c.jpg

Ha, look at the dust on it.

j0d8cl.jpg

CD/DVD tray with game disc. (needed to make a small cut-out for the disc)

20k41ns.jpg

Looking as stock as I could make it, cartridge rests at exactly the original location.

euiof9.jpg

Internals, with everything crammed in there and motherboard mounted on custom posts.

2iiedsi.jpg

Laptop DVD drive mounted to the top case using parts of the old RF shield.

rlwftv.jpg

Side with stock ports left intact. (Was gonna use them for something, but got lazy)

2qatu7b.jpg

Rear with visible modifications. 1 HDMI port, 1 power port and 1 cutting mishap.

Happy modding! :gamer:

Positively beautiful!!!

That CD drive was genius indeed. Especially putting the cartridge peice on the end of it.
How do you open your cd drive though? Is there a button, or does it just pull out?

I am loving seeing all these console creations lately. Arcade cabinets are cool (and impressive) but nothing beats a great console emulator mod. I can't wait for my new PC to get here so I can share with everyone.

CD drawer is genius...nice work dude

Thanks.... and that's coming from Matt!? ha, jk

Positively beautiful!!!

That CD drive was genius indeed. Especially putting the cartridge peice on the end of it.

How do you open your cd drive though? Is there a button, or does it just pull out?

I am loving seeing all these console creations lately. Arcade cabinets are cool (and impressive) but nothing beats a great console emulator mod. I can't wait for my new PC to get here so I can share with everyone.

I actually built this about 4 years ago and if I recall correctly I made an AHK script for opening

the drive. Using the select+start (pressed together) buttons to activate the eject function in AHK.

Amazing. What systems do u have on it?

I haven't fired it up for awhile, but I think it has every system that uses a D-pad and only

two buttons. It got a lot of use as Netflix/Hulu streamer, since the built-in CPU is weak as

1.6GHZ dual core. I used a cut-down version of XP that loads directly into HS with no evidence

of windows visible. I was going to add blue tooth (still can) and set-up PS1 to load from my

discs, but got lazy and moved on. The 650GB laptop hard drive certainly has space for it.

Game Boy is so fun to play with a NES controller and on a widescreen. :gamer:

P.S.: I can't take credit for the DVD drive idea. . . . I saw this guy make one and I knew

that I had to have one. -> http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?2937-Project-NES-PC-(By-D_Stilgar)

• 4 months later...

Archived