Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Retroarch mame2014, mame2010, mess2014, mess cores missing

reznnate

Unfortunately, the ANDROID buildbot on retroarch is unstable at the moment and my favorite wheel/core has been suffering.    For those not familiar, Retroarch's nomenclature is essentially:

MAME2003 core is Mame v78

MAME2010 core is Mame v139

MAME2014 core is Mame v159

MAME core         is Mame GIT which should be the latest/greatest and inclues MESS GIT as well

The MAME version matters due to ROM set version AND the newer versions of MAME require more and more CPU performance to achieve the same gaming performance.   

At the moment, MAME GIT is available and works (although cps3/svt-v games don't work for me and it's crashing on exit).       I was able to get my MESS-core wheels working again too using the MAME GIT core (currently only A5200, INTV) by moving my /hash folder into the <system>/mame folder.     I was using MAME2014 core previously so I needed to rename <system>/mame2014 to <system>/mame .   So I have <system>/mame/artwork, <system>/mame/samples, <system>/mame/hash.

I hope this helps until the Retroarch guys are able to stabilize their Android cores

Oftentimes, yes but you'd need to find or backup the mame2014 core file AND a rooted device so that you could copy them to the necessary folder.

I'm not that anxious.  I'm waiting for them to fix the buildbot.   Reicast core is coming soon too....

Thanks do you know if they've confirmed whether or not the older mame cores would be a permanent part of their core library?  While its cool to have a bleeding edge version of mame from git seems it would be a little more troublesome to constantly update my android setup the same way I update my pc romset

They have been told they cannot make cores part of the core app/library/download.   It's ridiculous but apparently a gpl2/gpl3 coder lawyer insisted and tattled to Google previously and had their app removed.

Ouch, is it safe to assume the mame2014 will make a reappearance in the online updater?

Archived