Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

"error waiting for the window "ahk_class MAME"

antnate

Hi all, 

newbie here.  Tried searching for this issue in the forums but not able to find much.

I downloaded a fairly large ROM/Emulator combo pack called EKMAME32. it has over 6k games, they all work.

has a great variety, every game I could ever want.

everything works fine via the mame executable directly, but once I put it in hyperspin, even though I can pull in all the games and all looks fine... I get the following error trying to launch:

"error waiting for the window "ahk_class MAME"

it basically hangs, not sure why.

I put all the contents of the emulator into the "Emulators" directory in hyperspin...

I copied in another emulator from Simply Austin, in a separate directory.  and hyperspin was able to utilize that mame executable.

so now wondering, could it be that hyperspin does not like the version of mame that EKMAME32 is using?  

When I start up EKMAME32, the version seems to be built on .107, where as Simply Austin's download is MAMEUIFX32 version .159

any thoughts?  the additional games in that EKMAME set is great and would like to use that..  but the interface on hyperspin just makes things right..

I guess I could just play off the mameui directly, but really wanted to make this an authentic arcade box.

thanks for anything you guys can provide, 

anthony.

If you update your MAME you would want to update your roms too (Although many, if not most, would probably still work).

Each version of MAME roms match to a version of the MAME.exe. So if you use say MAME 169, you also need a MAME 169.exe (I use MAMEUIFX since it has more features and is easy to use) and then to make it all work in Hyperspin you need a matching MAME 169 Database (also referred to as an XML).

They just keep adding more games to MAME and improving on the old ones. Not to mention support for other features. So if you are just getting started I'd say you're better off starting off up to date and not with a version that's 7 years out of date.

thanks for the feeback. the reason I have the version right now is because it was one of the few I found that had the whole package...  and included 1000s of games, and worked right out the box..

any suggestions where to get more packs that are newer?  I checked around, am weary using the torrent sites.

I got the one I have at archive dot org..  searched for mame rom, and picked this "EK-Mame32 Version !.07"

but will gladly get another if it means I can get hyperspin working properly with it.

thanks,

ant.

• 6 months later...

Ahí there. Other newbie in trouble here. Same problem but I really need to make mame32 working with hyperspin in my computer (older version, best performance in my case) How should I change the ahk module? Is there a specific mame ahk for mame32. Many thanks beforehand!

Archived