The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Handle for RecRoomMasters Keyboard Door

bydavidrosen

Hey All,

Just got my first cabinet from RecRoomMasters, and finally getting all set up after years of saying I was going to do it myself haha. Anyway, now that I am, I'm realizing, they really should have put a handle on the keyboard door. Not that you have to go in there that often, but there's just no where to really grip to get the thing open.

I was wondering if anyone in here has added one themselves to one of their cabinets or a similar cabinet? There's plenty of options at Home Depot and I'll probably just pick something that looks nice, but I figured might as well check and see if anyone has any input.

Thanks!

I know what you mean. It is tough to grab on to that door. I can get it open because I have big hands and can grab it along the top and bottom and pull the top down, but it takes some effort and I do slip off the top at times. Like you, I have thought of installing a handle, but haven't found anything that doesn't look like a sore thumb tacked on to the front of the cab. If you find something that looks good, I would definitely be interested.

• 3 weeks later...

Took me a while to grow a pair and put a drill through my keyboard door (I was so worried about messing this thing up), but it came out PERFECT. I was between this clean, simple black knob, a sleek black handle I found at Lowes, or a sleek red handle I found on Amazon but in the end, I figured that this one would blend in more (plus I have a TV cabinet in the room with knobs just like this so I thought it would match with the other furniture in the room).

Makes opening the door so much easier!

post-96005-0-97225900-1456085740_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived