Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

List of systems that work with Arcade Controls

vaderag

Does anyone have a list of systems that work well with arcade controls?

I.e. 

Nes will work well as it's 4 way pad and buttons

Gamecube will not work well as dual analogue

It seems to me that there are a load of edge cases as well...

e.g.

Amiga - if you can set the games to load automatically (which i presume you can - i havent looked) then they could be controlled with a joystick so would probably work fine

I'm in the process of building my cab and I would like to define an "insert pad" fade for systems that don't work with arcade controls.

I started down this road, then just got two wireless controllers that are always connected.  Here's what I think I have setup:

I don't have any that are arcade controls only, but I have:

N64
Wii (and Wiiware)

Dreamcast

Saturn

and anything Playstation set as controller only.  There are some systems like SNES where you can use either, but with the L & R buttons, it makes it awkward on the control panel so I always use the controller for those.

I have it setup so you can use the control panel and then switch to the controller on the fly if you want to.

I started down this road, then just got two wireless controllers that are always connected.  Here's what I think I have setup:

I don't have any that are arcade controls only, but I have:

N64

Wii (and Wiiware)

Dreamcast

Saturn

and anything Playstation set as controller only.  There are some systems like SNES where you can use either, but with the L & R buttons, it makes it awkward on the control panel so I always use the controller for those.

I have it setup so you can use the control panel and then switch to the controller on the fly if you want to.

Out of interest how do you make it so you can switch on the fly?

I set everything up with Joy2Key that I could—that will give you the ability to use the control panel or controllers at the same time.  

I know people complain about key mappers because they introduce lag but my cabinet only gets played when we're drinking—no one cares and no one is going to play a 15 hour game on my cabinet! 

Archived