The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

converting older golden tee cabinet

Pwoods99

I think the first thing you need to figure out is WHAT you want to emulate.

While it takes almost nothing to emulate an NES, you're going to need some nice specs to run PS2 & Wii games. So once you've got a list of what systems you want, you can then decide what parts you need.

Then, of course, you'll have to replace that bad monitor. There are a couple different ways to go about this, and I'm sure someone who's more of an expert than me can give you more info. Essentially it comes down to 2 choices (that I know of) Do you want a modern flat-screen LED (Never go with plasma) or an old-school CRT? This will affect a great deal depending on how you want your games to be displayed.

The old CRT way is going to be great if you want to replicate scanlines and that over-all 'retro' feel. However, on the other end of the spectrum, a modern LCD is going to be great if you want to use an emulator's capability to enhance a games graphics. It all comes down to personal preference. Obviously the size of your cabinet will be a factor in this decision as well since most LEDs are widescreen (there are some that aren't)

When it comes to the software side of things, there are TONS of people who can help you get HyperSpin setup how you want. Everyone here is really friendly and willing to help (I've found)

You can also check out Simply Austin on youtube (He's active here as well) as he has a bunch of FANTASTIC tutorials that are great for people just breaking onto the scene for setting up various Emulators. Again though, which emulators you use will come down to what systems you want to emulate.

Archived