Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Relative Paths

Ego-X

• 2 months later...

How do I set up Relative Paths with RocketLauncher installed? I know that HyperHQ has options for relative paths, but I haven't seen those same options in HyperLaunchHQ. Can I just use the HyperHQ settings to make this work?

Also - I'm having a very hard time finding the information about what the difference between ".\" and "..\" are (google is failing me), and which option I should choose. I know they're relative, but relative to what??? HyperLaunch? The exe for the that emulator? I don't get it.

I have my folder structure setup the same as the HS setup tutorials.

example 1- E:\Hyperspin\Emulators\Mame\mame.exe

example 2- E:\Hyperspin\Hyperlaunch\HyperLaunch.exe

I have no real life DOS experience. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

.\ means same folder as HyperLaunch.exe

..\ means up one directory from HyperLaunch.exe

..\..\ means up two directories from HyperLaunch.exe

example1 translates to ..\Emulators\Mame\mame.exe

example2 translates to .\HyperLaunch.exe

HyperLaunchHQ automatically uses relative paths when writing the settings for HyperLaunch so no need for by-hand translating. Use the magnifying glass next to the path requests in HLHQ and you'll be fine.

HyperHQ technically doesn't support relative paths. The video path is definable, but it is not relative. All the other paths you can't define.

HyperLaunchHQ automatically uses relative paths when writing the settings for HyperLaunch so no need for by-hand translating. Use the magnifying glass next to the path requests in HLHQ and you'll be fine.

Unless you change that setting in the HLHQ tab that is.

• 3 months later...

Is there a way to write relative paths in HyperSpin (not using HyperLaunch)? I tried with everything .\ ..\ %CD% etc and no success. I tried some combinations that didn't work, but copied the command line from log, executed from the HyperSpin folder and worked flawlessly so I don't know what else to try.

edit: nevermind, sorted myself.

Archived