Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

HyperTheme released! and new HyperSpin

BadBoyBill

Well after a ton of work, and a ton of jack n' cokes, I am finally able to put out a beta of HyperTheme. Please read for new additions to HyperSpin also. No more xml editing! No figuring out what animations there are! Quick preview player! Friendly interface!

What is HyperTheme and what does it do so far?

HyperTheme is our skinning application, it is meant to be used by anyone wanting to make themes for HyperSpin. It will help streamline your theme making process and its pretty fun to use.

So far since its still beta it doesnt do everything that I want it to do yet like installing and uninstalling themes, and editing existing themes, but thats next, the hard part is over which was getting the theme creation portion to work.

As it sits its fully capable of making themes and saving them in the proper format for you. So now we dont have to worry about themes being packaged differently, as long as its built in HyperTheme.

I encourage all future themes from this point forward to be made with this tool. It will ensure that themes can be opened from HyperTheme and saved in the right format and naming convention.

HyperTheme comes with a user manual the I suggest browsing for easy to answer questions.

HyperSpin will have a new release along with this to suppliment the new features that were added because of HyperTheme which is 3 color video overlays, you can now do 3 video borders and they can be rounded or squared instead of just one rounded border.

Main Features so far:

Instant preview playing of your theme with playback controls.

Animation viewer to see how animations act.

Move artwork and video around the stage with your mouse.

Adjust rotations, widths, heights with transformation tools.

Export themes as a zip file or just export folders.

Lots more..

htmainmenu.jpg

htex1.jpg

colorpicker.jpg

Im still packaging some stuff up, give me a few minutes to upload everything.

Also I forgot to mention that the new HyperSpin doesnt have much new besides the video overlay features, and I just added them in so its not tested fully. But it also fixes the background bug with flash 8 and below swf's and also adds support for HyperLaunch (a multi emu wrapper) which isnt out yet, I still have to write up on how to use it, but it is ready.

there will be a hide the wheel option but it is hidden during playback. So when you take your screenshots, it wont show the wheel.

Bill,

I meant an option to hide the wheel in the theme itself :)

I did find 1 small bug so far....when you resize your video it doesn't resize itself in preview mode.....

This has turned out very very good... I'm impressed. I'm just sad that my main computer is dead, so now I am using my work laptop. I just completed my Newegg purchase for my new computer parts and will have to wait until it is built until I can really play around with this. :(

Theres probably 200+ possible combinations of background animations, so I probably wont get around making individual choices for a while. If you dont want random backgrounds, then I'm sure you can find a png to swf tool or something that can make swf's out of your backgrounds, those do not animate.

Just tried it out and it looks real nice, so far I really like the video overlay option that makes things real easy.

I've noticed chase from right still doesn't work though.

Is there mean't to be a start animation from center option?

This will be a far more effective tool when you include the edit theme option.

Is there an option to tell HyperTheme where to send the output files to, this would be handy.

Anyway impressive work as always Bill, well done.

I just wanted to get this release out so I know its missing features like editing existing themes, and setting your ouput location, but all that will be in the next releases.

I didnt fix many bugs with HS release but actually so I didnt add the feature of starting points for chase animations yet. Will be fixed tho.

Archived