The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Finally....building a Hyperspin Cab.

skulljab

post-23171-142870595385_thumb.jpgI've been thinking, more like "obsessing", over the idea of a HyperSpin Cab since '09. I've built a few little dedicated set-top machines and put together a few cocktail tables with spare parts....but the time has finally come.

I used an existing cabinet circa 1977...coupled with a Dell Optiplex 755 mid-tower with a trusty old 2.66ghz Core 2 Duo, 8gb ram, 1tb hdd, and a low end HDMI-out video card....oh, and an ipac 2 plus a trackball with a controller from groovy game gear.

I'll update this post with pics this week (should be finished).

Any questions are welcome, I appreciate advice on what to do differently on the next cab as well.

Thanks for looking!

p.s.- sorry for the sideways pics...maybe I was uploading this from my cocktail table..!?

post-23171-142870595316_thumb.jpg

post-23171-142870595318_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thanks, I'm looking at some sort of collage or mash-up that will fit without looking too cluttered. I'll probably do something really lame, then I'll hate it, Then I'll have to spend time thinking about a good idea before ordering another set of graphics.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you, I am pretty happy with it so far. I made a list of things that I would change if I ever built another one....it's a long list!

Trust me... I did the same lol But at least if you do it over again, you can take more time AND still have an arcade to play while you work on the new one! At least that's how I look at it.

Archived