Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Introducing Pind: A Pinball Daemon

freezy

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I believe those are all recreations. I'm just getting started building my pinball system, so the near-term benefit of this app (for me) is to start building a complete library of assets with minimal manual effort - similar to what HyperSync can do for a MAME/Console system.

Recreating that issue should be pretty straightforward if you create a default install of HyperPin to a second directory (c:\hyperpin-default?), reset your Pind schema, and execute the various table syncing options.

I agree the name matching is going to be the biggest challenge for you - I started writing my own app for doing this, but yours is so much more feature-complete, so I'd rather help you out. I'm not a Node.js guy, but I can probably figure out what you are doing there.

I did find another error related to name matching...when running a VPF media sync, it looks like a Manufacturer mismatch is causing a fatal error. As you'll see in the attachments, the Media Pack for Black Belt is using Zaccaria as the manufacturer name. The app crashes a little later where it is looking for Bally as the manufacturer. I'm attaching the log and console outputs for this.

Hope you don't mind the error reports in the forum - let me know if you'd like them reported elsewhere, or if you need additional details. I think this app has a lot of potential, so I wanted to send back some real-world feedback!

logs.zip

Yes, the issue of media pack assets named with different manufacturer than the "default" name from IPDB should be next on the list. Shouldn't crash though, need to check this too.

UPDATE: Doesn't crash anymore, but will look into the issue when manufacturer doesn't match.

Hope you don't mind the error reports in the forum - let me know if you'd like them reported elsewhere, or if you need additional details. I think this app has a lot of potential, so I wanted to send back some real-world feedback!

That's fine for me. The app isn't battle-field tested at all, so this will harden it for public use - thanks!

Update.

Was a missing callback when no match at ipdb. Need to fiddle with more regexes, problem is that "Black Jack Bally 1977" doesn't come up with anything at ipdb. Right now I'm assuming the

Syntax "Name (Manufacturer Year)", for correct stripping, so if the parenthesis are missing, I'm not getting any hits.

whats the best way to update?

Manual update:

git pull --rebase

npm install

and you probably should do a

node create-schema

as well, since there have been db schema changes today. However, from now on, you should be able to use the upgrade feature under admin / global, which takes care of all that (and doesn't erase your data) - i've just fixed a few bugs there.

Manual update:

git pull --rebase

npm install

and you probably should do a

node create-schema

as well, since there have been db schema changes today. However, from now on, you should be able to use the upgrade feature under admin / global, which takes care of all that (and doesn't erase your data) - i've just fixed a few bugs there.

ok thanks so new to all the git stuff

quick question is this done the windows cmd or through the git program?

So sqlite3 compilation went ok? What did you do?

Does C:\temp exist?

In your settings-mine.js:

/**
	 * A temp folder for extracting stuff. No trailing slash!
	 * @important
	 */
	tmp: 'C:/temp',

From INSTALL:

3. Make sure you got everything by searching "@important" in the file and double-check each value.

So sqlite3 compilation went ok? What did you do?

Does C:\temp exist?

In your settings-mine.js:

/**
	 * A temp folder for extracting stuff. No trailing slash!
	 * @important
	 */
	tmp: 'C:/temp',

From INSTALL:

woops i forgot to check where the temp folder is...seems to have fixed the problem

your a legend!

Well, I had to find pre compiled binary for the sqlite3 to eventually work. Then had to do a similar thing with jsdom, then with jquery and now completely stuck on contextify.

This really is too much work & headache so far for Win7 64.

If you have more detailed instructions so others could benefit from it, that would be great. Apart from that, I know that on Windows it can quite a pain to get the node modules which need compilation working correctly. If it reassures you, I've spent quite some time on it too, but finally installing the SDK mentioned in the installation instructions did the trick.

From some quick reading, it looks like NPM is not expecting to provide a option for distributing Node module binaries any time soon. But in the case of this app, would it be possible to host and distribute precompiled binaries through the Git repository? Or is something like nexe a distribution option? Frankly, given the complexity and storage footprint of all of the prerequisites, it is probably going to scare many people away from this app. At the very least, it would probably result in a much higher level of support vs innovation.

Archived