Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Introducing Pind: A Pinball Daemon

freezy

Uh, what? :)

Log please

Well I had noticed this through failure of roms downloads.

PIND would say there was no such directory I:/temp, but it would start the download then crash leaving me with a uncomplete 0kb zip file with romname.

If this queue got restarted and there was a 0kb file with romname or any other size in I:/temp, the downloads worked.

So to recap, I have to have the rom , (complete or incomplete), in I:Temp before rom download works. I think its an almost identical problem with the media pack.

Table downloads on their own are absolutley fine apart from PIND not checking if I have the table file allready. Also unlike the rom downloads where it moves the file for you, the table zip is extracted but the zip is left there in Temp and not removed.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Table download with media pack". Then a restarted "Table download with media pack".

You will see error because it cannot find my flyers/instructions. This is the only real difference between pinballX & hyperpin. PinballX/Media/Flyer Images, PinballX/Media/Instruction Cards

But really that isn't important, its important that you can see the downloads work only after when I have file already in temp.

http://pastebin.com/WkYaAZvQ

Tags:DOWNLOAD TABLE WITH MEDIA PACK - RESTART DOWNLOAD TABLE WITH MEDIA PACK 0kb in I:/Temp

@horseyhorsey: Thanks, will have a look at it. Problem with checking for tables before table download is that we don't know how the file's named in the archive. Usually it's similar but not the same, so we have to download in order to check. When extracting, existing files won't be overridden.

@viriiguy: I've had this too and solved it by installing the SDK. Did you manage to do that? You might have to uninstall any VC++ Redistributables for it to install correctly. Also, did you do a SET VisualStudioVersion=11.0 before running npm?

(re edit): That I've never seen. Looks like some kind of linking error, which is probably due to the binary you dropped into the folder?

I did install that and it seemed to work fine. But I will redo it and try again. I will also remove that sqllite from there and try again. I have tried setting SET VisualStudioVersion=11.0 and not setting it. Seems to make no difference.

Thanks, I'll let you know.

the MS DL link is dead now. all searches for it are the same. So I am betting something was wrong with the one I got an hour ago.

Well, I reverted my PC back to before ever attempting this install and tried it all over again. Still not luck. It looks like the SQLLite3 just will not compile on my win 7 64bit system.

I tried to post up the log, but the browser crashes every time I hit send, from 3 different computers. I guess it is just too long.

Sorry, had people coming by this week-end, hence the offlineism.

I've also noticed that SQLite is not the only native dependency, unfortunately, JSDom is native as well. I've packed up the node_modules folder on a fresh on install from my machine which is running Win7 x64. Have a try extracting that into the folder instead of running npm install.

pind-node_modules-win7-x64.zip

Let me know how it works, if you get this running maybe I can promote it as the standard installation way.

Cheers!

Ok, looks like we are closer...

Now I get this when I run node create-schema

c:\Games\node-pind>node create-schema
info: [db] SQLite storage file at c:\Games\node-pind\pind.db.

module.js:356
 Module._extensions[extension](this, filename);
                              ^
Error: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
c:\Games\node-pind\node_modules\sqlite3\lib\node_sqlite3.node
   at Module.load (module.js:356:32)
   at Function.Module._load (module.js:312:12)
   at Module.require (module.js:364:17)
   at require (module.js:380:17)
   at Object.<anonymous> (c:\Games\node-pind\node_modules\sqlite3\lib\sqlite3.j
s:1:104)
   at Module._compile (module.js:456:26)
   at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:474:10)
   at Module.load (module.js:356:32)
   at Function.Module._load (module.js:312:12)
   at Module.require (module.js:364:17)

c:\Games\node-pind>

Freezy,

Should I be able to download missing artwork for a table that I manually added to my HyperPin XML? I don't have any problems getting Pind to search for artwork for tables I downloaded directly through Pind. However, if I manually add a game in my XML and rescan for changes, Pind will show it in Administration | Tables, and correctly note that I am missing assets (table/rom/media). But if I then tell it to scan for missing media, it completely ignores that manual entry.

Here's what I was ultimately hoping to be able to do....feed the system an XML file containing a combination of tables that I want and/or currently have. Then have Pind identify any missing pieces (which it does), and download/rename them (which it doesn't seem to do). Not sure if this is a bug report or a feature request, but can it be done?

Additionally, it would be great if Pind had the ability to download missing assets on a per-table basis, both in the Admin | Tables page, but also in the Tables | <Table Name> page. In both of those places, I could potentially see that a table is missing some assets, and be able to provide a targeted fix on the spot.

Anyway, having fun using the program. Fortunately, my Win7x64 setup has been working perfectly from source. Thank you!

@viriiguy: That's actually what I've feared. Means that the binary doesn't work on your platform. Maybe someone else who got it running could have a try packing it? MisterB?

@MisterB: Sounds like bug about not finding the missing media. In theory, it, *should* be possible to feed an XML file so Pind downloads even the table file if not available. I've added some clever matching this week-end, so I now can search on VPF by IPDB, which will help a lot.

I tried using the node-modules that Freezy posted earlier on a fresh install, and ran into the same issues as viriiguy. I replaced them with ones that I copied from my working installation, and was able to get things running.

viriiguy, try using this instead, and let us know if it solves your problem. It should be extracted directly into your node-pind folder: pind-node_modules-win7x64-20130909.zip

You need to reopen the cmd prompt after thr git installation.

@others: the sqlite module just added binary support a few hours ago. I'll try it when I'm at work, but given the other native modules don't give any trouble, you should be fine now. Maybe we don't even need the sdk/vs anymore.

I tried using the node-modules that Freezy posted earlier on a fresh install, and ran into the same issues as viriiguy. I replaced them with ones that I copied from my working installation, and was able to get things running.

viriiguy, try using this instead, and let us know if it solves your problem. It should be extracted directly into your node-pind folder: pind-node_modules-win7x64-20130909.zip

Thank you! It got me alot further. I was able to run node create-schema.

But when I run the app, it seems to go ok, but the website does not exist. I am still doing some digging... but closer...

Thanks!

Well, if you're running Skype for instance, it can happen that this miserable piece of crap sits on port 80. In this case you either reconfigure Skype or change the port. Or maybe another program sits on 80, maybe even justifiable. ;)

A log would help in any case!

MisterB, I'll mirror your package and link it if that's okay for you. Thanks already for zipping it up!

Archived