Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Exit feature

What do you guys think of an exiting feature like the Ultrapin where you have to hold the exit key for 3 seconds while in a game to exit the game.

I accidentally hit the escape key while I was one hit away from destroying mars in AFM. Pissed me off. Then Dazz also noticed that I have my exit game key on the front of my cab, I dont think I'll ever bump into it but if I did that would suck to.

So I think I can add a feature to the launcher that when you hold escape it doesnt exit the game (optional of course) then on the screen you will see just like on the UP some images appear 3..... 2......1.. then the game will exit.

Well I just finished adding the exit feature, no more accidentally exiting games.

It only works on Visual Pinball because Future Pinball is a fullscreen 3D application which cant be overlayed with my own graphics. This is the only drawback.

ExitScreen.jpg

OK well today means the day after today :D

OK well I tried it out and it didn't exactly work for me.

I saved the images. They saved as Exit 1... etc. They were .jpg files though. Are they supposed to be .jpgs?

If I hold down esc., it does exit after about 3 seconds, but the graphics don't show up.

Do those need to be .png files?

If you have Enable_Exit_Screen menu set to true. It enables you to exit with the 3 seconds too. I think that is a nice thing actually. Maybe when you have Enable_Exit_Screen set to true it doesn't show the graphics and when it is set to false it does show them.

• 1 year later...
I downloaded everything but have never got it to work, please some simple instructions for us old boys here...
Right click and save the 3 images and place them into your HyperPin/Media/HyperPin/Images folder. Backup your existing FPLaunch.exe and .ahk, then put the FPlaunch.exe and .ahk into your HyperPin directory and overwrite.

I did this earlier today, thus the resurrection of this thread.

I think I need to look at the script and see if we can figure out how to get it to return to the game if the button is released. Right now the VP exit box comes up and you have to click continue to keep playing.

It doesnt do that for me, maybe you should reroute your escape button to something else
It could be a Windows 7 thing. I just did a quick test before I had to head out to work. I'll have to look at the script tomorrow and see what's going on.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question...

I am trying to get something like this to work with Future Pinball. I know that I cant put the pictures over the playfield, but I was hoping that I could do something with the DMD area on my pin.

I copied what was necessary to FP in the launch script, but now FP does exit at all. VP works great. thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
Quick question...

I am trying to get something like this to work with Future Pinball. I know that I cant put the pictures over the playfield, but I was hoping that I could do something with the DMD area on my pin.

I copied what was necessary to FP in the launch script, but now FP does exit at all. VP works great. thoughts?

Anyone? :)

• 3 months later...