Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

zipped rom files on android? hard drive issues?

dimercu9

Will Hyperspin Android be able to handle all ROMS in zipped folders? I have gamecube ISOs currently in zipped form (i believe they are 7z or RAR). unzipping all of these files could result in major size and timing issues.

Also, for some reason my external harddrive will not allow me to edit the ini's or delete files (everything appears to be locked or some kind)

Would love some help here with both points!

File format is determined by the emulator, it is not something Hyperspin Android can affect yet.

The permissions issues you face on external media are imposed by Android OS.   I use ADB push/pull commands to make my .ini edits.

A common solution (I personally avoid) is rooting.   See nvidiashieldzone.com for more info about this.

Also, for some reason my external harddrive will not allow me to edit the ini's or delete files (everything appears to be locked or some kind)

You could also try putting your HyperSpin setup on the internal drive, then you should be able to edit, and just put your ROMs on the external :)

If I am looking into the harddrive on my computer, I am unable to edit or delete anything.

IT is a Seagate 3.0 expansion drive. Is there a way to get around this? I may go the route of setting it up on the internal and only using the harddrive as a data base, however this will not help me with the unzipping unfortunately.

If I am looking into the harddrive on my computer, I am unable to edit or delete anything.

IT is a Seagate 3.0 expansion drive. Is there a way to get around this? I may go the route of setting it up on the internal and only using the harddrive as a data base, however this will not help me with the unzipping unfortunately.

I think I've the same one, and mine works fine. Do you mean you can't unzip the files on your PC???

I think I've the same one, and mine works fine. Do you mean you can't unzip the files on your PC???

Correct. I cannot edit, compress, unzip, delete, or add to this harddrive or any of its files on my computer.  I can copy the a file onto my computer, and then unzip it just fine, but then i cannot add the unzipped file back to the harddrive as I cannot add anything to the harddrive. I cannot even edit the .ini files to correctly select filepaths and exe's.

Please help haha

You've not formatted it to internal memory on your shield have you??? And have you never been able to edit on it, or is it all of a sudden???

I have not formatted this, it still has all of my initial set-up from my computer on it. This is just since I plugged it into my shield tv. I have a mac (could that be an issue?). I am going to see if the "locked" files is activated (reading it about it online as a common issue) and I will let u know if this does the trick.

I have figured out the situation for anyone experiencing the same problems.

The harddrive was created ith NTFS file types and is not read-write enabled on some PC's and all Mac's. There are a few programs that will allow a user to access NTFS file types to edit files, add files, and delete files which have helped me solve this issue without having to reformat my large harddrive and remove all files.

For how to's on this process for Mac Users: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIjS5jDigwE

Hope i helped at least one person beside myself! Now to start the fun of editing my files and unzipping 500+ Gig's...

Archived