SkyHighGam3r

Windows 10 - How Do I Boot Straight to HyperSpin?

On 4/13/2016 at 11:23 AM, tonesmalone said:

If you have the pro version of Windows 10 you can do this with group policy.

Open the group policy editor and find the Custom UI policy.  Enable it and set the path to your hyperspin.exe file.  When you reboot hyperspin.exe will launch instead of explorer.exe.

If you also use netplwiz in Windows you can also enable auto login, so you don't have to type a password to login to Windows.

I can't figure this out. Is there a step by step on how to do this? I can'y find the Custom UI policy!

Might be able to help here...

First you need to open your Group Policy Editor

1.png.97d864e15b6071e0741d2e82166380be.png

Then you need to find "Custom User Interface" in User Configuration -> All Settings.

2.png.2587087ad1469458fddca25a28e4e73c.png

Double click on the option to change the default load "Shell" from explorer.exe to hyperspin.exe. (Be sure to set the full path to your Front End)

3.png.9d391b61bd80af00f06013377fb1be0b.png

Warning: This will disable the start Menu from showing and the desktop environment I am pretty sure. You will need to Win+R and launch Explorer to get it back.

Apply and you should be done, however you can also find ways to skip login screens etc and customize wallpaper if you haven't done so already.

Restart and bingo.

Oh and the bios splash screen is something you can turn off in nearly every bios setup menu. It's not a OS thing.

Some motherboard even let you use a custom splash screen, just read Lenovo let's you do it for instance.

Intel Desktop boards: https://www.intel.co.za/content/www/za/en/support/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards/000006606.html or https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000023875.html

• Upvote 1

Shell Windows 10 Pro

Then Follow
Then Create a HyperSpin.bat with (start D:\Arcade\HyperSpin.exe) file like the one in my vid and copy it to D:\Arcade Folder reg edit the shell to (D:\Arcade\HyperSpin.bat)

Also I have not tested but this should work on all versons of Windows 10,
and you might be able to skip Big Blue Frontends TUT and use Instant Sheller (New Version) then my .bat Method