Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Changing video location

maabus

Is it possible to specify the location of the video files. I have the arcade classics systems setup, and since most of them use the mame sets, it would save space to point the classic video folder to mame instead of having the same video duplicated in media\mame\videos and media\atari classics\video

Thanks Agent, but that doesn't seem to be working.

I have

[video defaults]
path=F:\HyperSpin\Media\MAME\Video

in all of my Classics systems, but none of them are pulling the videos. The roms folders all point to Mame, and the audit says they are all correct.

The videos work in mame so im not sure what the issue is. Is there some other setting that needs to be enabled?

• 1 year later...

old thread but is there a way to do this with media/themes as well.. not just video, trying to do a vs. fighters wheel and didn't want to manually grab all the artwork from MAME.. rather just point to it like the videos

• 2 years later...

I am also interested in either changing the position of the hyperspin window, or run it in windowed mode.  I tried making a shortcut and adding -w, -wndowmode, -windowed, running in compatibility mode, or running as administrator.

I do not want to run it in a virtual machine window and am interested in modifying the hyperpsin code or an autohotkey script. 

Archived