Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Arcade controllers paint question

I am looking to paint my new arcade controls - (top knobs only) Normally I would just go and replace them with colored ones but is it possible to lightly paint on them? If so, what kind of paint do you recommend?

See image below.

post-21192-0-56345400-1462759260.jpeg

If you look they have spray paint especially for plastic!! I did two coats of paint and then did two coats of clear spray poly to protect the paint!! You have to let each coat dry properly and then when youre done don't handle them for at least a couple of days to make sure they cure otherwise they will feel tacky to the touch and leave fingerprints!!!

If i understand you correctly,  spray the joystick with two coats of color. Spray once, let it dry, spray again let it dry... then use the Polyurethane. then let it dry for a few days - one coat or two for the Polyurethane ?

Yeah spray the color, let it dry then do the second coat and once it's completely dry to the touch then put on a coat of Poly, let that dry and then put on a second coat of poly then don't touch it for at least two to three days!! You may be able to get away with only one coat of Poly but I did two just to make sure!!  Make sure you do light coats otherwise you'll get runs in the paint and the Poly!!!!

Archived