Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Hyperspin install on Nvidia Shield 3.1 (Marshmallow)

aftermath17

I've followed a couple of the installation tutorials located on this forum to install Hyperspin on my Shield but it won't launch.  The key issue (I think) is the permission issues that were introduced in 3.0/3.1 of Android.  I noticed the /sdcard folder on the Shield is actually a symbolic link to /storage/emulated/0.  One of the "Android additions" in the main tutorial says:

• Hyperspin will seek and prioritize /usbdrive/Hyperspin first, then /sdcard1/Hyperspin, then /sdcard/Hyperspin for your data

I get permission denied when I try to access the "usbdrive" folder, and "sdcard1" doesn't exist.  So, it makes sense that putting my "Hyperdrive" folder inside /sdcard should work right? (which is actually /storage/emulated/0/Hyperspin when you take into account the symbolic link).  I launch Hyperspin (which I installed from the Play Store) and it does nothing, the same thing it did before I set up the Hyperspin folder on my PC and moving it to my Shield.  No change.  I did everything else as per the "Beginner's instructions (including downloading and adding the android-specific .INI files).  Any ideas?

Good catch but no, the folder is Hyperspin.  This should work right? :/  At the very least I would expect to at least get it to launch.  The folder is /storage/emulated/0/Hyperspin (which is /sdcard/Hyperspin with the symlink).  Is there another folder I should try?  The other options they list don't seem to be writable for me.

Archived