Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Getting Xtension Sit Down Pro Arcade Machine "Emulator Edition"

rmilyard

I am getting one of these: Xtension Sit Down Pro Arcade Machine "Emulator Edition" for the kids downstairs.  It comes with their Xtension Two Player Control Board "Emulator Edition".  Looks like will work with MAME right out of the box.

​My question is if anyone else has this controller and if so how easy to setup for RetroArch and other EMUs?

I think it uses an ipac mini so once you figure out what the buttons are it shouldn't be harrd to set up.

I have a sit down too but its the console/PC one it uses 2 ps360+ boards.

They told me uses a I-Pac mini.  I also have an I-Pac 2 laying around here.  Not sure with swapping it would gain me anything.

I am reading that the top row of buttons for player 1 causes issues with other EMUs.  Not sure how to get around that.  Trying to make this as kid proof as I can for 5, 10 and 11 year olds and the wife!

I don't think swapping out the ipac mini for an ipac 2 is going to do much there both programmable keyboard encoders so if the 1 player button causes too much trouble then you can change it.

As for the wife I don't think there programmable at least my wife model isn't.

Here is a link to the programming software for the i-pac

https://www.ultimarc.com/download.html

I don't think swapping out the ipac mini for an ipac 2 is going to do much there both programmable keyboard encoders so if the 1 player button causes too much trouble then you can change it.

As for the wife I don't think there programmable at least my wife model isn't.

Here is a link to the programming software for the i-pac

https://www.ultimarc.com/download.html

Yeah the mini and the 2 should be the same functionally, same number of inputs.  The mini uses prewired adapters that are easier for builders to wire up quickly.  I have an Xtension and it can be programmed with the software from ultimarcs site no problem, but it should come programmed with the standard mame config from the get go. I have 2 joysticks with 8 buttons each, a trackball, player1, player2, coin1, coin2, play, exit, pause, menu, left mouse, right mouse buttons all on the mini, plus hotkeys assigned for volume up and down.

Yeah the mini and the 2 should be the same functionally, same number of inputs.  The mini uses prewired adapters that are easier for builders to wire up quickly.  I have an Xtension and it can be programmed with the software from ultimarcs site no problem, but it should come programmed with the standard mame config from the get go. I have 2 joysticks with 8 buttons each, a trackball, player1, player2, coin1, coin2, play, exit, pause, menu, left mouse, right mouse buttons all on the mini, plus hotkeys assigned for volume up and down.

That is how mine says it's coming.  Really like the looks of it.  And the extra utility type buttons I think is nice!  So you use it for RetroArch at all?  Reading that the Left Ctrl, Left Alt, Space and Left Shift cause issues with some EMUs and RetroArch.

• 3 weeks later...

Got all the parts and put together last night.  Going to move PC into cabinet later today and start messing with it.

Awesome!!! Was it easy to follow the directions? I know when I got mine they were a nightmare to follow a long with.

• 1 month later...

Question for you all. So for MAME how should I setup buttons? The controller has 2 row of 3 buttons and 1 row of 2.

So in MAME should I do 1-8? Heard somewhere do 1-6 skip 7-8 for last 2 buttons and setup as 9 and 10. Not sure what is best setup. Then guess so whatever is best for player 2.

Your controller should already be set up for mame. The only thing you might want to change is when it loads up neo geo games to use 4 buttons straight across. You can do that pretty easy by using the NewXARCADE_XBox360x4.cfg in your ini file but I think you'll have to change a few buttons or you could make a cfg file and put it in your ctrlr folder and use that in your mame ini file.

post-3463-0-99702800-1473479819_thumb.jpg

post-3463-0-59653600-1473479837_thumb.jpg

post-3463-0-79616100-1473480140_thumb.jpg

post-3463-0-95761300-1473480148_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the above thumbnails. I just ordered a cabinet from rec room masters yesterday with the same xtensions emulator edition controls. Itll be here in a month(due to my work schedule) but I can spend some weekend time setting up Hyperspin to reflect these controls. Or I guess Mame would already be set to this? 

Thanks for the above thumbnails. I just ordered a cabinet from rec room masters yesterday with the same xtensions emulator edition controls. Itll be here in a month(due to my work schedule) but I can spend some weekend time setting up Hyperspin to reflect these controls. Or I guess Mame would already be set to this? 

Let me know how you do.  I haven't had time to really work with ours.  Real life stuff has been keeping me busy and kicking my butt.

• 2 months later...

Archived