Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Games won't start in Hyperspin 1.4

Abqshark

How long would the process take following the tutorials, and how do I get this video viewer.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

As quick or as long as you like.

To get it up, running and working not long at all. From scratch and following the tutorials here it took me one weekend to get HyperSpin, RocketLauncher (HyperLauncher then), MAME, Daphne, AAE, DeMul, SuperModel, my iPac, my roms, my PC/Steam games, HyperSync & all my media setup to the point I called it "done" where it all worked, looked good (if generic) and could all be played on the cab.

That's just the software setup though and I only run arcade games/systems (no consoles. Not in my cab!). Altogether from the day I heard of HyperSpin to the day I had my cab and build finished was almost 3 months to the day, but one entire month of that was waiting for my drive to arrive, I bought one just like you. It took 1day of ****ing with it to realize it would be waaaaaay easier to simply delete it all and start from scratch. If I hadn't bought the drive and just done it myself from the get go I would have been better off and had the entire project done in 2 months, call it 2 or 3 days to setup the software the rest of the 2 months to order parts, build & paint the cab, design and print the artwork and marquee etc...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I have a smiliar issue.

I have installed Hyperspin (1.4.16) with Rocket launcher. First off i got the error with "Launcher not found" so i added the executable filename to the path and now i dont get any errors but nothing happens. Checked the hyperspin log and found these lines every time i tried to launch something:
09:01:40 PM |  Launching Game 
09:01:40 PM |  Using HyperLaunch
09:01:40 PM |  Getting Launcher path 
09:01:40 PM |  Launcher located at D:\HyperSpin\RocketLauncher\Hyperlaunch.exe
09:01:40 PM |  Running Launcher 
09:01:40 PM |  Launcher Command Line is: D:\HyperSpin\RocketLauncher\Hyperlaunch.exe "MAME" "arkarea"

But if i run D:\HyperSpin\RocketLauncher\Hyperlaunch.exe "MAME" "arkarea" from my command prompt the game starts, but not from hyperspin, anyone know the issue about this ?

2 hours ago, agent47 said:

Well, if you're trying to use RL that needs to point to your RocketLauncher.exe and there's no reason you should have a Hyperlaunch.exe inside your RL folder.

Well the quide i followed told me to copy rocket launcher executable and rename it to hyperlaunch.exe since hyperspin was gonna try to run this so it is really the same file, i got it twice now really.

Archived