Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Bezel in MAME causes mouse click issue

scoodidabop

So when I'm using spinner and the nearby buttons (which I have mapped to mouse left/right) on bezeled games I get a Windows "ding" when I all the way left or right.  The issue also persists with lightguns on bezeled games of course since the lightgun acts as a mouse as well.  So - is there a way to eliminate the "off screen" ding/error with click when using bezels?  

I'm still on HyperLaunch :/

So I guess the trouble is that my pointer is going outside the window, right?  I've tried "hide emulator" and all the other "hide xx" options (I think) but none of them seem to do the trick.

So I'm trying to wrap my head around this.  When bezels are disabled the MAME window is going fullscreen I guess, thereby filling the screen and restricting the mouse within the window, thus there is no issue.  When using the bezel, somehow the mouse cursor is allowed to move outside the window into the bezel area, which windows sees as "off screen" and this messes with mouse button presses and causes lost focus issues.  SO - why doesn't MAME restrict the mouse cursor the same way when running windowed/bezeled?  The problem isn't so bad on some trackball games since you tend to not roll very far but in games like Tempest where the cursor is just moving left and right (via spinner) you wind up outide the window in less than a full twist of the spinner.  Hard to believe I haven't encountered this issue enough to think about getting a fix until now.  

Any ideas on maintaining bezels and either 1.) keeping the MAME window fullscreen or 2.) restricting the mouse movement to within the MAME window when running a windowed/bezeled config.

• 2 months later...

I should've updated - my bad.  So the fix listed on the RL site works perfectly.  You'll need to copy/paste the fix into your bezel.ahk file.  Worked like a charm for me, even still using Hyperlaunch.  For each game the mouse limit can be adjusted but changing the values in that game's individual bezel .ini.

Give that a shot, let me know if you get it going. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived