Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Renaming issues for PS1 on RetroArch

ro1and

Hello,

I am having issues with renaming roms for the Playstation using RetroArch. The ones I am having trouble are the ones that have (En,Es,etc.) or (v.01 etc.). Basically the ones that you have to rename to match the XML database. I know you have to make sure the cue file matches the bin file. So I change the cue file on notepad to match the XML. Now How do I make sure the bin file matches the XML?? Do I check the bin file on note pad too?? or what is the procedure to make this work. Thanks. 

The Cue file simply points to the bin file.  So Make sure the actual name of the cue and bin are the same.  Then edit the cue file in notepad so once again the main file matches the name.  You do not need to rename each individual track.  

Hello,

I am having issues with renaming roms for the Playstation using RetroArch. The ones I am having trouble are the ones that have (En,Es,etc.) or (v.01 etc.). Basically the ones that you have to rename to match the XML database. I know you have to make sure the cue file matches the bin file. So I change the cue file on notepad to match the XML. Now How do I make sure the bin file matches the XML?? Do I check the bin file on note pad too?? or what is the procedure to make this work. Thanks. 

Thanks guys. But I still can't get it. It will be the death of me. Lol 

I am making sure everything matches. Here is an example I'm stuck with: 

Area 51 (USA) (v1.0).7z     =  zip file

Area 51 (USA) (v1.0).bin    =  bin file

Area 51 (USA) (v1.0)          =  cue file

Area 51 (USA)                    =  database file (XML)

I use my 7z file and match with the database. (which gives me a green). Then I get my cue file and also match with database plus I open with notepad and change it there as well to match database. Then I get the bin file and change to match database as well. Now what am I missing???? you guys say I have to make sure the bin file matches the "file name" of the "actual file". ???  How can I tell what the bin file is matching too?? Do I also run the bin file with notepad? I tried so many ways to fix this and its driving me crazy. I know I am so close... thanks for your help

Archived