The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Please tell me what you think of this CP

Kortoga

Here is my Control Panel layout.

Please review and let me know what admin buttons I should use or delete.

Your experience and advice are welcome.  This is for a pedestal machine, with a 65 inch wall mounted LCD.

The corners for Player 3 and 4 are rounded, this is a flat print for your review.

I Have:

- ESC

- Enter

- I have spots for spares, or I can delete them out

My controls are using I-pac, and a mini-pac for the trackball and spinner.

1. For my console games, can I use the I-Pac or Mini-pac to Map the start buttons and player select buttons to the Player 1 & 2 control buttons?

I am assuming I can map whatever button to whatever input I want, but can I map the same button to do different things for the different consoles.

I am assuming yes.

2. I am assuming I will be mapping the Player 1 joystick to control the up,down,left,right movements inside Hyperspin.

3. Who do you guys use to print out your control panels?  I want my control panel and side art to be like the rough textured thick lexan type from the 80s control panels.

I am not using a layer of plexi glass on my machine.  Everything is bottom mounted.

A printer who can also print out my penetration drawing for me to drill. (I have this created already, just need it printed)

4.  Anything you want to add, please do...

post-105659-0-29129900-1471036047_thumb.jpg

Pause, menu, load/save, and a shift button for future extension.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I have a Pause.

What is Menu used for?

Load/Save for the console games, but can't that be mapped to an action button for another player?  I do not know how that works.

Or if I have to have a dedicated button, then Load/Save is going to be hidden so it cannot be pressed by just anyone at anytime.

The Shift I will put near the Load/Save also.

I generally use those for the corresponding MAME functions. Menu can be handy to change settings like bezels etc. Load/save are also handy MAME features.

Shift is nice if you want to add functionality later; especially the home computers often use F1-F12, even within games.

Each system can have genre sub wheels. This will allow you to see only the fighting, maze, beat'em up, shooter, etc, games per system.

Each system can have a favorites sub wheel. This will allow you to see only the games you have marked as your favorites.

These are both handy to find games you want to play without needing to look through hundreds or thousands of games. HyperSeach is also very handy to quickly find games but you don't need a dedicated button for it.

I generally use those for the corresponding MAME functions. Menu can be handy to change settings like bezels etc. Load/save are also handy MAME features.

Shift is nice if you want to add functionality later; especially the home computers often use F1-F12, even within games.

How is Load/Save used in MAME?  I did not know these roms were capable of saved games, unlike console games.

I do not understand how this would be used, please explain., Thank you...

Each system can have genre sub wheels. This will allow you to see only the fighting, maze, beat'em up, shooter, etc, games per system.

Each system can have a favorites sub wheel. This will allow you to see only the games you have marked as your favorites.

These are both handy to find games you want to play without needing to look through hundreds or thousands of games. HyperSeach is also very handy to quickly find games but you don't need a dedicated button for it.

I will learn more about using genres and sub wheels.  Although I have personally gotten my MAME games down to about 1700 of what I like.  I went through and got rid of all the fruit, mature, clones, and the other junk that clogs up the world.

The consoles are not much to search through anyways.

But I do like the sub wheel idea, this may be a keeper feature.

How is Load/Save used in MAME? I did not know these roms were capable of saved games, unlike console games.

I do not understand how this would be used, please explain., Thank you...

MAME allows you to load/save the entire machine state so you can save at any point in the game, and continue from that same point, including all machine states like high score, coins inserted, play point in the game, etc. It's like a super save game mode.

Archived