Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

No video for system in main menu / Movie quality

Duckie

Hello.

So whenever i "make" a new system in the main menu and sync it...it never gives a movie for that in the main menu.

For example...

I make ATARI 2600.

I put the xml/roms/emu in the right place.

Test it in HS...works flawless.

so its time to add the movies and other fancy graphs.

so i load up hypersynch...set it up to dl everything for system that i want....and let it go.

It downloads my wheelart....available themes...game movies...letters....etc

In the HS main menu it downloads an ATARI 2600 logo.

But the attract video for the system itself is not available and shows the "dowload from emumovies" msg.

And i got that with every system i setup.

So for now i use emumovie's own downloader..point it to the system and download from there.

But i asume sync should be able to do that to....correct ?

If so...is there a "hidden" option or some thing for it ?

And also...the movies that hypersync dowloads....are they the HQ version or the lower qual ?

I know its the mp4....but emumovies dl thing offers the option for a lower res m4 and a higher res mp4.

I dont see the option in sync to choose between them...so i Always asumed it was the Hq version

Gr.

Duckie

The names of the systems must match the names found in the files in this folder

C:\HyperSpin\HyperLaunch\HyperLaunchHQ\Media\Icons

If your names don't match when you open HyperLaunchHQ the system will have no icon beside it. Edit the name of your system in HLHQ by selecting the system in the left panel and at the top left hit the rename button.

Now I assume you have an active paid membership at EmuMovies? If so the movies you download will be the 480p variety. Why would Rain bother downloading low quality stuff for people that have paid for Platinum level? :)

I personally didn't use it for my movie downloads I just used it to update the movies I had already downloaded from EmuMovies as I use alternate folders for videos. So I can't say why you have an issue with the System videos other than a name mismatch issue.

dunnu why it goes wrong but it just doesn download the system movies.

I take the system names based on the xml name i get from here.

so in case of Atari 2600 i got the xml/location folders all named the same.

HQ shows a nice icon next to it.

Everything downloads nicely as i said...themes...pics....wheelart...game movies...... just not the system movie.

and yes paid lifetime/gold memeber on both emu and HS :)

Everything downloads nicely as i said...themes...pics....wheelart...game movies...... just not the system movie.

Well that is interesting. Yeah names of all systems need to match C:\HyperSpin\HyperLaunch\HyperLaunchHQ\Media\Icons HyperList should be right but always check. Easy to tell though you just open HLHQ and see if the System has an icon. :) Lazy way and my fav.

I just downloaded the entire /Official/System Intros [MP4][480p] folders and shoved every single file into my Media folder and renamed as required. :) Was pretty easy for most.

Duckie,

Check your media folder (...\HyperSpin\Media\Main Menu\Video) and see if there is one there already. If there is, delete it and re-sync. I have found that if the first download was botched, it will not download the second attempt. Also, check your permissions on that folder.

Thanks,

Ron

hey ron...

there werent files there....cause i basicly setup a system from scratch...and let do synch do the movie stuff.

Its no biggie...

just wondering why it would happen.

Gr.

Arie

And there still (after the sync) no files? I have had this happen with other systems as well. Seems like it's just the System videos, and sometimes the theme also. I just go out to EMUMovies ftp and grab the missing. ;)

Thanks,

Ron

• 6 months later...
Duckie,

Check your media folder (...\HyperSpin\Media\Main Menu\Video) and see if there is one there already. If there is, delete it and re-sync. I have found that if the first download was botched, it will not download the second attempt. Also, check your permissions on that folder.

Thanks,

Ron

Thanks, it worked for Atari Jaguar :)

Archived