(FYI having trouble with upping some screenshots and the new formatting so please excuse the wierd format)
Converting 16x9 Themes for Hyperspin Android
List of theme animation compatibility
(I am in NO way competent with artwork resolutions but my method works and looks good to me)
Because sometimes that theme you really liked just doesn’t display correctly
The main reason for theme problems is the use of animation and scripting of the .swf assets in the “theme”.zip
(It’s best to replace themes that cause Hyperspin to crash out, but you can try to convert them)
1. Extract PNG assets from swf files
2. Reduce HQ artwork to be compatible with Hyperspin
3. Further reduce artwork width to allow for Hyperspin 4x3 -> 16x9 stretching
4. Recompile your theme
What is Needed:
Update on resizing tool.
Fotosizer is now advised against because of the compression/quality loss it causes.
pPlease use Photoshop or this program recommended by @IceLancer https://sourceforge.net/projects/easyimagesizer/?source=typ_redirect
A A Fotosizer (http://www.fotosizer.com/) batch resize image files
B. Flash Decompiler (https://www.free-dec...flash/download/) extract png’s from swf
C. Time and Themes
I have done a little testing for Main Menu themes. This spreadsheet shows what I have tested and its Android compatibility status. The sheet has download section links for all themes I have tried.
Let’s get to it...
So grab a theme zip you want to play with and Unzip it. Any 16x9 Main Menu, Game or System Default theme will do.
BakerMan provided me a guide to extracting the PNG’s from SWF but it has since been lost.
These are the steps
1. Open JPEXS once downloaded and installed from link above
2. Click on the “Open” tab and browse to the offending .swf file from your unzipped theme
3. Right click on “Images” on the left and click “Export Selection”
(At this step you may find multiple images. If these images are only parts of one image, say the arms and legs of a character, you will have to lose that image completely from the theme or replace it with another one)
4. Click “ok” to PNG file type then choose a location for the exported images (Default is Desktop. Only export one at a time and then move the PNG out of the output folder as it overwrites each one if not)
5. Now browse to that Output location and you will find your PNG’s in an “images” folder.
You are now ready for phase 2 – Resizing the images
Note, fotosizer does cause a reduction in artwork quality. If your sensitive to this you may want to use another method. (If you know of a better program please comment) I only run a 37' screen and don't mind myself.
(Resizing Artwork is covered comprehensively by Avar in his tutorials found HERE)
Open Fotosizer Add the Artwork that was converted to PNG Reduce the images to 68% KEEP MAINTAIN ASPECT RATIO TICKED (this is the best size for the ones I have done)
4. Move the right side settings bar down and select an Output Folder
5 Remove that Artwork from Fotosizer
6. Add the newly resized artwork back into Fotosizer
7. Reduce the Width to 75% (to allow HS to stretch it back when its loaded)
8. UNTICK MAINTAIN ASPECT RATIO
9. Now add this finished art back into the theme folder and zip it up again
10. Name the zip file the same as you have it in the “Main Menu.xml” database
Now when you try this theme out you may find the artwork has slightly changed location. If so adjust the Artwork positions in the theme.xml file within the theme.zip OR load it into Hypertheme and adjust it as required
Hope this helps someone.
HS Android Theme Animations.txt
Hola como estan?
estoy teniendo un problema con menu, baje un pack de n64 y cuando lo instalo el dibujo de anterior/siguiente juego no aparece abajo en el medio sino que esta en todo el centro de la pantalla y no se como acomodarlo (Adjunto imagen del menu al que me refiero)
El otro problema que tengo es que cuando instalo los juegos del pack famicon de 550 juegos solo me reconoce 79, es la primera vez que me pasa, rehago la database y solo reconoce 79.
Muchas gracias por su ayuda
I use rocketlauncher to start mame64 games in hyperspin but the first game on a fresh windows startup takes 20 seconds to start. After closing this game the next game will open almost immediately. I know others have asked this question but I can’t find a solution. I have no anti-virus running, no windows defender, no rocketlauncher fades or bezels. I updated the mame64 version to the 209 no nag from 197 no nag with no change. Any help or suggestions would greatly be appreciated!!
Hello , i don't know if this is the correct place to post this , but i have a problem for a while that i have never figured out whats cause it , and is the fact of that in the transitions , from start to end, it appear this horizontal lines all over the screen , and it's bit annoying , i have done everything to trying to resolve this issue (update drivers , windows , download hyperspin again etc) and it still there , what could be?
(sorry if my english is bad)