Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Confused about RocketLauncher UI vs. HyperHQ

ryanjg11

I've watched the official tutorial videos but I'm still confused about which program to use for certain tasks: RocketLauncherUI or HyperHQ. 

Even though I've set the rompath for each Emulator in RocketLauncherUI, it doesn't appear that these paths are being updated in the HyperSpin Settings folder for each system. So, I have to open up HyperHQ and specify them... But this seems like double-work?

It doesn't seem like RocketLauncher is really connected with HyperSpin... Are these competing platforms? Should I just pick one or the other? 

Did you make sure to open the Hyperspin > Settings folder > settings.ini and change the path from Hyper launch to your RocketLauncher.exe?

And to make sure that you set up Hyperspin as your default Frontend in RocketLauncher in the RocketLauncher UI tab > Frontend tab?

It doesn't seem like RocketLauncher is really connected with HyperSpin... Are these competing platforms? Should I just pick one or the other? 

They are indeed separate programs and both HyperSpin and RocketLauncher have there own GUI's (HyperHQ & RocketLauncherUI.)

You use HyperHQ to make changes to how HyperSpin looks and runs, all HyperHQ does is writes to ini files which HyperSpin reads. You could bypass HyperHQ if you wanted and change the ini files manually if you wanted but that takes time.

Same goes for RocketLauncherUI it changes what happens after you've selected a game in HyperSpin and HyperSpin has handed over to RocketLauncher to start your game. RocketLauncher will look for the emulator and Rom path, Fade settings, Bezels, controls etc, everything you set up in the UI.

The only real link is whether you set in HyperSpin to let HyperSpin do the launching (Normal) or RocketLauncher (Shown as HyperLaunch.) If you chose RocketLauncher then you need to add the path to RocketLauncher as Johnny80 suggested.

Archived