Hyperspin + ePSXe doesn't work?

prefor

Hello guys, i'm trying to run PS1 games from hyperspin, but it doesn't work for some reason...

I've been using Retroarch to play PS1 games, which have been working great, but ePSXe gives me more options to configure the graphics and make it look better...

Now my problem is that everytime when i configure the video settings in ePSXe, and launch it from the program it works great... However, everytime when i try to launch it from Rocketlauncher or Hyperspin it gives me this error: "Missing render texture extension" and "No pixel format available" and it crashes

Now, i do know how to fix this problem, and to do so you just configure and change the "Streching mode" and "Render mode" to atleast "1" in the settings..

BUT when i do that and run a game from let say RocketLauncher, those settings i just changed resets for some reason and i get the same problem with as mentioned above ("Missing render texture extension" and "No pixel format available"). And by that i have to change the settings AGAIN just because it resets to the default settings.... Do any of you guys know how to fix this problem and to make it NOT to reset the video settings? :)

Did you look in the module settings in rocket launcher?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

In the ePSXe module settings select the "Pete's OpenGL2 GPU Plugin" tab and set the Stretching_Mode and Render_Mode options.

Thank you!! That solved the problem i had! =D

If i may, just one last question.. I'm trying to play Heart Of Darkness through Hyperspin.. When i launch the game it works great, but none of of controllers doesn't respond (both keyboard and my gamepad)... But when i launch the game from ePSXe (not from hyperspin) it works great... Do you guys know why? :(

Is the same type of controller loading both ways? I know some games don't work right with wrong controller.

Yes it's the same both ways :(

When i try to launch the game from Hyperspin/Rocketlauncher, the controllers and keyboard doesn't respond... The game works however, i can see the video intro of the game and even the demo gameplay, but the controllers doesn't respond.. The controller and keyboard works great when i open the game from the program itself (ePSXe) and launch the game from there, but not with Hyperspin/Rocketlauncher...

And it's only with this game! All the other games works great except this one.. :(

Do you know why? :(

Edit: Now when i tried another game i haven't played yet (Hercules) that game doesn't also work!

I think it may be something to do with me using Xinput and the [sCPH-1150] Dualanalog (F5) in the configuration settings for gamepad.. When use digital (the one without analog controllers) it works great...

Yes if you are forcing the dual shock controller on, then games that weren't programmed to use it won't work. Like I said, some games won't work with the wrong controller. One of the difficulties of emulating the PSX.

Games like Ape Escape requires the dual shock controller, but many other games won't work with it. So you have to set which games to Enable analog with in the global settings editor.

I wonder if anyone has ever made a complete list of proper per game settings for the psx. If not would be a good project to complete and have available to get the system set up faster.

• 7 months later...

Hey guys sorry I know this is quite an old post but did you mange to get the controller working through rocket launcher? It's driving me crazy, retroarch doesn't work for me on the psx for some reason it lags but this works perfect through ePSXe but through RL/Hyperspin it just does not recognize my controllers 

Archived