Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

(Tutorial) Hyperspin General Settings Files

thatman84

Hyperspin Android Settings (.ini) Files

What’s covered...

1. Settings file directory location
  2. Global.ini & Betabrite.ini
  3. Settings.ini
  4. Main Menu.ini

(All testing done on Nvidia Shield TV Pro)

Before We Start...

For the purposes of this tutorial I will be editing the .ini files with Notepad++ & screenshots on a Windows PC. You can use any Android or PC text editor to complete this task it was just simpler for the purposes of writing.

If using a combined Hyperspin PC and Android setup then you can get more information on the different settings from the notes provided in the HyperHQ program. HyperHQ directly controls all of your .ini files located in Hyperspin/Settings NOT Hyperspin/Settings_Android

For full original listings please see this post

What is Needed:

1. Your set of .ini files (Located in your Hyperspin/Settings or Settings_Android folder
  2. Text Editor (any will do or use Notepad++)
  3. The set of clean and preconfigured .ini files (Settings_Android.zip) Included in the Android base pack I submitted.

Lets get stuff covered!!

Settings file directory location

For default Windows PC installation ALL your settings files can be found in the Settings folder of your Hyperspin directory (..Hyperspin\Settings)

If you are not using your Hyperspin Android setup on a PC then leave them all in the /Settings folder

If you are combining your PC and Android Hyperspin setups please create the following Settings_Android folder and place a copy of ALL your .ini files inside (..Hyperspin\Settings_Android)

post-93349-0-12663700-1477166896_thumb.png

If you are using my Hyperspin Android Base Pack locate your settings files here

post-93349-0-01436100-1477166939_thumb.png

Global.ini & Betabrite.ini

These files are not required for Hyperspin Android and do not affect it

Settings.ini

Without a settings.ini file Hyperspin will still run, read and display the artwork and animations you have in your folders. This will display any override transitions you may have also (Override Transitions are little .flv video animations that play when switching between systems/games).

Located in:-

Hyperspin/Media/Frontend/Video/Transitions (Play when system specific not available, named what you want)

Hyperspin/Media/Main Menu/Video/Override Transitions (Named as your Main Menu system entry)

Note:  If ‘<not supported>', then there is a hard-coded value or the parameter is ignored currently.

The three options are explained below in a settings file example.

Please see THIS post for further details on the Optimizer settings for PC installations

Option 1 & 2

post-93349-0-82437600-1477167304_thumb.png

Option 3

post-93349-0-05730100-1477167338_thumb.png

Main Menu.ini

This ini file configures how your Main Menu list will display. There are a few features that can be customised and some that are not supported.

Note:- Your Main Menu systems list will always display vertically to the right.

Video Path, Sounds & Wheel text are not supported

post-93349-0-52701900-1477167400_thumb.png

Next is Special Art

Special art is the animated .swf artwork usually for controls. Further reading can be found HERE

post-93349-0-33787200-1477167533_thumb.png

post-93349-0-26511300-1477167562_thumb.png

So thats all I have for you on the core settings options. I will do a seperate post for the System settings where all the business happens!!

Hope this helps someone and big thanks to badhemi for his settings files

Archived