Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

UK CNC Service - Bespoke Design Ideas?

jq_quint

18 minutes ago, richie_jones said:

What machine do you use

this is my silly Tapatalk spam....

Its a 6090 cnc Router (so thats 600mm x 900mm), which is why i'm limited to bartops/cocktail cabs really, although with careful jigging I could possibly do a full cab....

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, richie_jones said:

My minds racing now haha...what's the smallest legible letters do you think would look OK in perspex..thinking of engraving my control panel now!!

this is my silly Tapatalk spam....

mmm good question, well depends whether single line or milled pocket style (as per above), single line I dont think would stand out enough, when i've done your large letters on a scrap piece i'll repeat it super tiny and see what it looks like... The tool i'm using is 1.7mm dia so that will dictate the smallest readable size , how small are you thinking?

Richie - so success well nearly ..... seemed to turn out great , apart from a stupid programming error (when I did the through cut test the other night to test the mirror function forgot to change back to -0.5 doh!)
See the top of the E its machines through!!!
Anyway I altered and run the rest of the program.
I'll use it as a test piece. I have some led lights on their way so I can test it for real....

add8eb654cbbd657fe837cea3fd9b15c.jpg

Must admit before I do too many of these I need to make a vacuum table, holding it to do the sides was a pain....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, richie_jones said:

That looks great...the Mr Robot font takes well to engraving..
How far does the engraving go? Do you think it final piece could be done in 3mm?

3mm sheet, yes the engraving is only 0.5mm deep.  Why are you thinking it will bend easier?

Folks,

Thought you all would like to see the latest project I'm working with Albatross, just finishing off the final touches, its a replica of the XArcade system.

Once i've finished the first off for Albatross may be available as a kit if anyone is interested...

Tmold cut where shown, 10mm Acrylic included, Aluminium Not Included.

Albatross Xarcade v103.png

Richie - your scrap marquee on the LEDs that arrived today...
I am going to the building merchants tomorrow to see if they have 3mm, but can't help thinking bud that this effect gets better with thicker sheet? This is my first attempt with 4mm so I can't confirm that that...

81c2c2bfa26d97c9df8263452ae8e61b.jpg

0d4c224daaa39322633ef9b22ee1638c.jpg

Yeah it's looks really good. Agree that probably thinner sheet would be less of an effect, but I've backed myself into a corner with my design. I might just get both 4mm and 3mm see what I can do with them..I'm lighting from both edges also

Gotcha , lighting from both ends will be loads better, gotta get both LED ends sealed around the Perspex end as best you can to reduce the amount of leakage across the sheet surface too bud....

• 4 months later...

Hey Folks,

Not posted for a while, thought id update you on some items...

Standard 18mm Bartop still exists - no change:  - £49.99

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162579702992?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I've reduced the price of the T-Mold version by £10 to £59.99

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162579702435?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Also now selling Perspex Control Panel Covers: - £14.99

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162603484221?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Discounts available to Fellow Spinners :)

Archived