Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Need help making hyperspin detect a game when rom only is checked

anthony001

When i launch hyperspin and have the rom only option checked it doesnt show anything and goes back to the system select. how do i make hyperspin detect
 the games i have. I can do this with PSX and it only shows what i owned. The names all match

Im using hyperspin/rocketlauncher combo

12 hours ago, agent47 said:

You need to make sure in HyperHQ that you also have the Rom Path and Extensions set correctly when using the Roms Only filter. If you have multiple file types separate them using a comma without any spaces and make sure that you use the proper case. If you enter zip in the Extensions box and the game has a ZIP extension it will not show.

Thanks that worked :) but can i ask why we need to do that sort of thing since it can already read the list if the rom only isnt checked.

also additional question why is it that rocketlauncher needs its database folder filled the same xml as the hyperspin folder? is there a way to point rocket launcher to point to hyperspin folder?

10 minutes ago, agent47 said:

By default HyperSpin will show every game in the xml for that system whether you have it or not. Using the roms only filter only shows the games you have so you don't have to sort through a bunch of games you don't have.

RL doesn't need it's own database folder, you just need to set the Default Plugin to HyperSpin and the Default Frontend Path to your HyperSpin.exe in RLUI on the General Settings -> RocketLauncher tab.

I see ive set the Default frontend but didnt set the default plugin. That was why it was erroring out when i launch the games :( Thanks mate

Archived