Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Can't get HyperSpin to launch?

gamerguyx

I bought a 5TB HDD from and have had very little help on trying to get it to work.   I did everything they told me on the User Guide, but I get this on my PC

When I try to launch hyperspin it's saying: (Windows can't find D\Arcade\HyperSpin.exe. Make sure you've typed it correctly then try again? The funny thng is the HyperSpin.exe is in the Arcade folder on the hyperspin HDD with letter D?????

I have no idea what to do?

Untitled.png

1 hour ago, gamerguyx said:

Ah great.  So I'm not going to get any help here?

The problem is these drives often have outdated versions of the program, and are shambly thrown together from people trying to make a profit off the hard work of people in the scene.  If you take a look you'll notice there are warnings about them on these forums, and a number of youtubers in the scene caution against them as well.

What I would do personally in your situation is 1 of 3 things.

1.) Contact the seller and try to get assistance.
2.) Demand a refund.
3.) Create a hyperspin setup from scratch using these forums, and learn how to apply the assets you received with the drive you purchased.

Either way, I'm sorry to inform you that you got burned by a shady online seller.

1 hour ago, SkyHighGam3r said:

The problem is these drives often have outdated versions of the program, and are shambly thrown together from people trying to make a profit off the hard work of people in the scene.  If you take a look you'll notice there are warnings about them on these forums, and a number of youtubers in the scene caution against them as well.

What I would do personally in your situation is 1 of 3 things.

1.) Contact the seller and try to get assistance.
2.) Demand a refund.
3.) Create a hyperspin setup from scratch using these forums, and learn how to apply the assets you received with the drive you purchased.

Either way, I'm sorry to inform you that you got burned by a shady online seller.

I'll be calling my bank tomorrow.  I just wanted a HyperSpin arcade on my PC.  I don't have a lot of time to learn how,  Or find someone that knows how to setup a Hyperspin?

I can find the sellers ip adrress.  I'll find him.

7 minutes ago, gamerguyx said:

I'll be calling my bank tomorrow.  I just wanted a HyperSpin arcade on my PC.  I don't have a lot of time to learn how,  Maybe I should try to sell it on Ebay and recoup some of my money back.  Or find someone that knows how to setup a Hyperspin?

I can find the sellers ip adrress.  I'll find him.

Honestly the system is a LOT less complicated than it looks. There are tools on the site to automate most the processes now as well.

When I first started I just made a basic setup of NES, Genesis, Super NES and N64 on my laptop and it was a breeze. I've been working on a tutorial series where I break it all down into the basics and cut out all the flashiness of the arcade cabinet builds.

I took a break for some personal life stuff, but I'll be picking that up again in the near future. I'm on youtube under SkyHighGam3r if you are interested.

Anyway, I hope you get it all figured out.

Cool thanks.  I subscribed to your channel.  

I did find out the exe I was using was only 1k in size and I just downloaded the hyperspin.exe on here and at least I can see all the emu's on rocketlauncherUI?   I have no idea how to use it though, but I feel I'm getting closer.  Just need to find out if the frontend will open and see the roms?

• THK locked this topic

Archived