Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Starting HyperPin Build from Williams Widebody

BamBam

Hi Folks,

I was able to find a 1978 Williams Widebody version of a pinball table called "Contact". It is not collectable from what I see, so it will be used to create the base of my HyperPin build. I am willing to give away the parts to anyone willing to pay for the shipping costs. Parts that I have available include the following:

• CPU Board
  • Power Supply Board
  • Driver Board
  • Translite c/w lighted back board
  • Wiring Harnesses

I also have original documents as noted below:

• Manual
  • Supplement Catalogue
  • Programming Manual
  • Wiring Schematic

I live near Ottawa, Ontario, so PM me if you are interested.

I have a few questions that I am hoping someone can help me with:

1. I would like to remove the stainless steel bars that run down either side of my cabinet so that I can re-finish the woodwork. It appears that they are secured by rounded rivet-style pins (see attached picture). There is nothing protruding on the interior of the cabinet that will allow me to remove these?
  2. The stainless steel lockdown bar, side bars, legs and coin door are dull and pitted in some areas. What is the best way to get them super shiny again?
  3. The coin return door (flap) does not appear to be stainles steel. What is the best way to buff it out?

I have included a link to my Drop Box where I have photos of the items I am giving away as well as photos of the parts I want to restore. Go here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dqb03j4o38tmisx/OQRMpJv3Hi

And so starts the great, and long, adventure of my HyperPin Build.

BamBam

post-9595-142870625522_thumb.jpg

Glad to see another build, I hope you document everything with lots of pics. To get rid of your parts I'd suggest posting on pinballrevolution.com. There's lots of guys from the Ottawa area that would love those bits.

To remove the side rails you have to pull out the nails. It's very easy the dint and bend the rails so go slow. I used a combination of a putty knife behind them prying it out. And a pair of good side cutters to grab onto the nail head to pull them out. I think pinballlife.com has replacement nails

I don't know of a good way to clean these up, you could try an auto buffer, maybe. I decided to paint my metal parts with a tremclad hammered tone spray can. It works well with hiding any imperfections.

That did the trick. The rails are held on by small spiral tacks. I was worried about bending the rails, but they are quite rigid. I finally gutted the cabinet today and will start prepping for painting

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

I managed to completely gut the cabinet today. The parts went to a gentleman in Gatineau who does restorations. I am keeping the playing field as an art piece which I plan to put into a shadow box for the arcade room. I will remove all of the mechanics from the back of the playing field and leave the lights as I thought it would be cool for this art work to be lit up. I have attached a photo of a white nylon nut cover. I am hoping someone can tell me where I can find them or what they are called.

As for my pinball build, some of the stainless pieces are in rough shape so I am hoping for some suggestions for buffing them up. I will be re-using as many of the former parts as I can.

Now it is ready for sanding, filling and painting. Here are some of the gutted pictures.

post-9595-142870625541_thumb.jpg

post-9595-142870625542_thumb.jpg

post-9595-142870625543_thumb.jpg

Archived