Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

What size ssd to buy?

stoneuk

Hi, Can someone tell me a rough size Hyperspin is with all media and without the games\roms  please?

Thinking about  ungrading to an MSata drive for windows and hyperspin with media and everything else will stay on my old drives.

I currently have 60 system setup but looking at a bigger setup in future.  Thanks 

it definitely depends on the size of the video snaps as they will be taking up the most space... you could be good with something like 250gig SSD.. you may want to just figure out how much space your video snaps are currently taking up and then figure out exactly how many systems you plan on adding in the future based on how much space you're currently using for video snaps... should help you figure out how much space you need.. also systems like mame are pretty heavy on the game wheels as well. open explorer and check how much space your media folders are taking up. I doubt anyone can help you guess how much space you're going to need but honestly if we're talking a 1tb drive.. I wouldn't even worry if it's only going to be for media files but a 1tb SSD probably isn't cheap and 250gig or something could probably do the job.

Archived