Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Where to update modules?

martijnsx

20 minutes ago, martijnsx said:

Do you also use the nonag version of mame?

Yes i do.

Just checked that the module is 2.3.8 for mame version no lower than 0.166. The module can be used for older versions but it needs to be set to legacy mode but i know you don't need that.

Well, the problem is somewhat weird.

I have the roms for mame located on a different harddisk. The emulator, hyperspin and mame are on F and the mame roms are on M.

The games that need a parent rom do not start, for example SF2CE (street fighter championship edition). I have found that the game does start if i place SF2CE.zip in the rom directory of mame itself. Weird. If i copy all roms to the mame rom directory the game does not start. Also weird.

I use a 0.151 version for the rom files and i tried different versions of mame (version 0.169 hqmame, version 0.179 and 0.180 nonag mame). 

Could it be caused by a difference of versions in mame and the romset?

5 hours ago, martijnsx said:

Ok thanks. I will try. What is the split set?

A split set has the clones in separate zips which makes the set bigger. A merged set has the clones in the parent zip thus making the set smaller but less convenient. 

• 10 months later...

I have the same issue... launching parent roms is possible, but launching the clones give me an "AHK_Class MAME error". 

When launching the clones through MAME emulator, I have no issues. Only through HyperSpin...

Do I need to update my MAME module?

Another thing: how do I know what romsets I'm using? (sorry for the noobquestions...)

8 hours ago, MajorWeirdo said:

I have the same issue... launching parent roms is possible, but launching the clones give me an "AHK_Class MAME error". 

When launching the clones through MAME emulator, I have no issues. Only through HyperSpin...

Do I need to update my MAME module?

Another thing: how do I know what romsets I'm using? (sorry for the noobquestions...)

If you don't know which set you're using you should go get the latest version and the latest mame. 

If you are using Rocket launcher then you will have the latest module. 

Ok, thank you. I'm still using HL 3 with Mame 161.

Would I have to redo all configurations in Hyperlaunch again?  The parents are working now with arcade cabinet controls, but if I get the latest version romset and mame, would I have to redo the controls etc ?

And is there a way to upgrade from HyperLaunch to RocketLauncher without losing all of my actual configuration? (I will tear my hair out if I loose all my settings and controls)

Archived