The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Us vs Them laser disc

badhemi

I was really happy to see they've got the mame2014 core in retroarch again.

I've struggled with games that require CHDs and assumed the support was broken.  

I'll give it another go tomorrow.   Does anyone have a list of the laserdisc games that SHOULD work and those that are known/broken?

7 minutes ago, reznnate said:

Downloaded the 133u4 BIOS pack, extracted those rom files.  

The mame2014 core (based on mame 159) just crashes for me using MAME 161 roms and CHDs.   

Mame and Mame2016 crash as well.

I'll try download the 139 version.

Same with me. The only one that loaded from old set was cube quest. Go to mame archive for .139

3 hours ago, reznnate said:

Downloaded the 133u4 BIOS pack, extracted those rom files.  

The mame2014 core (based on mame 159) just crashes for me using MAME 161 roms and CHDs.   

Mame and Mame2016 crash as well.

I'll try download the 139 version.

So out of 6 i got 4 to work. Cobra command and cliffhanger did not load. So Mach 3, us vs them, cube quest and Firefox are the only one that load

9 minutes ago, reznnate said:

Have you confirmed if this is a MAME bug or Android-specific issue?    

Now that you've got the .chd's and roms sorted, you could compare other MAME versions on a Windows PC...

They all load in mame64 on my pc just not the 2 I mentioned. It's a bummer because I loved cliffhanger as a kid

5 hours ago, reznnate said:

Also got these to load using retroarch mame core 2014 but performance is low and partly unstable (crashed on me).  Mame cores GIT and 2016 were unstable.

Now that I've got these 139 CHD's, I will try mamereloaded later.

Sweet how many loaded? 

On 2/4/2017 at 2:03 PM, reznnate said:

Also got these to load using retroarch mame core 2014 but performance is low and partly unstable (crashed on me).  Mame cores GIT and 2016 were unstable.

Now that I've got these 139 CHD's, I will try mamereloaded later.

How's it coming 

Archived