Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Problem with MAME 0.152 databaswe, HS/HLHQ

nikeymikey

Hi, I have just finished completing my update to Mame 0.152 (i know 0.153 is out now too). Everything is working well except that when doing an audit of my roms in HLHQ i can only get 8732 out of 8775 roms found. I have used CLRMamepro and everything checks out as complete ie NO MISSING ROMS/CHDS. All the games that show as missing in HLHQ are chds, i have tried adding chd as a valid rom extension but they still show as missing. All roms and chds are in one folder with the chds in sub folders. Also the games in question are working outside of HL/HS.

That's because HLHQ checks by filename and extension only and several CHD filenames won't match the XML. Besides depending on the set you're using some clones won't have any roms at all as they might be included in the parent zip.

Don't rely on HLHQ for MAME auditing, use cmp instead.

Excellent, thanks brolly, thats the exact answer i was looking for, as the games seem to be listed in HS mame wheel and play fine from there to. Oh well ive just wasted a couple of hours fiddling with it for no reason :)

Thanks again mate.

Archived