Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Connecting Speakers

Hi, I was just wondering if someone could help me select an Amplifier & Speaker selector switch (If I need one?? not sure I don't want the option of turning each speaker down individually all at once is fine.)

For the following Speaker Specifications:

Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms

Frequency Response: 100 - 20 kHz

Power Rating (RMS/Peak): 30W / 60W

Fs - Free Air Resonance: 133.5 Hz

Qts: 1.22

Sensitivity (1W/1M): 85dB

Sensitivity (2.83V/1M) 88dB

I also have no idea how I should wire these for the best audio. I'm guessing the two speakers on the left should play audio from the left and the two speakers on the right play audio from the right?

Might want to connect a subwoofer to it, would I need anything extra?

Was thinking either: Rockford Fosgate Prime R14X2 4" or BOSS AUDIO BRS40 BRS 4" any suggestions

Thanks

cab.png.e90c4d3cefe1b420d527c2bb2435a956.png

7 hours ago, Avar said:

Gonna move this to the Cabinet thread where it may get more traffic. Hopefully one of the DIYers there can lend a helping hand. Cheers!

Yeah I wasn't to sure where to post because i havent started the actual build.

i also suggest you to take only a mono amplifier, no need for stereo as your speakers are very close to each other and you will not see any difference.

2 speakers are largely enough as well. Finally, the way you plug your speakers will define the amplifier you need in terms of ohms.

Have a look at this website, you should be able to sort out your wiring : http://www.bustedgear.com/faq_Speaker_wiring.htm

hope this helps.

On the Amplifier, I bought a nice Yamaha (home stereo Amp) and mounted it inside my cab.  The better ones will have multiple inputs outputs and selections for different impedences.  I bought it at a pawnshop for cheap.  

Soundcard Output to Amp Input then Speaker Outputs....

Btw, also made my own volume control, tapped in-between the soundcard out and Amp in (for all output speakers).

thomas

Archived