vgarcia15

Joy2Key Error when launching Game

Hi all,

Keep kicking myself in the head over this error. Trying to setup a cabinet with XinMo controls. Joy2Key is controlling the movements. Everything looks good except when launching a game get the error. You are using KeyMapper support but are not up to date with JoyToKey or cannot find JoyToKey.ini. I have read the forums and tried removing the Read Only switch. Can't remove it. Also tried placing the ini and exe in a ProgramData folder. Still no luck.

Any help would be appreciated. I was using KeyPadder before but heard that JoyToKey was better when using a XinMo controller board.

The only thing I can think of is that you have at some point changed the location where JTK is installed/running from. You can try to delete the registry key if you are comfortable doing so:

1.- open regedit 

2.- HKEY_CURRENT_USER

3.- SOFTWARE 

4.- JOYTOKEY

5.-RIGHT CLICK

6.- REMOVE (ERASE)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By NEO207
      hi everyone. Is it possible to assign two buttons on the controller for ESCAPE, so I can quit Dolphin Emulator, for example? I found the "SHIFT" function but it is always disabled and can`t be changed. Anyone can help?
      best regards
    • By violentsingalong
      Hello, Everyone.
      Since they're pretty painful to figure out sometimes, I thought I'd share my PC game control mappings with everyone. Everything I use along with a google spreadsheet with notes is in a link below:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6HDK020hAlibGN3WWZzSUdoUmM
      A few things to consider:
      I use 95% default MAME controls on an IPAC4. I have remapped the ALT key as it was causing problems on Windows during 4-player button mashing sessions As long as your inputs are keyboard-based, you should be able to change one copy of the the vjoy and x360kb files and replace them for most other games. X360ce is tied to VJoy 100% of the time, so you should only have to change vJoy and everything else should be mapped out. My IPAC4 key mappings are as below: