Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Help With Mame Parameters

Griff08

Hey all. I need help knowing how to use the parameters block in the hyper HQ.

Under wheel settings, emulator, MAME, then the params block.

I would like to use -videoddraw -nohwstretch -switchres

Do I just enter it in like this: -videoddraw -nohwstretch -switchres

And then how will I know that it worked?

if you are using a version of mame with a GUI (mameUI etc) you can set these options in default game options and mame will remember them, most versions of mame (that ive used) will have a GUI version and dos version in the same package. I good way to do it is to set up mame in your GUI and then run mame from the dos exe (usually mamep.exe). Having said that mame GUI can be used with HS, no problems at all. You wont even know you're using it. Sorry about not answering your exact question. Been through my HyperHQ wheel settings and couldn't find any emulators that actually used the parameter box. :)

Thanks for the thoughts bud. I am trying to get these parameters working for my arcade monitor-> J-pac -> arcadeVGA setup. If I have to change emulators its not that big a deal. I was just hoping someone knew how to use the parameters box :)

judging from what im seeing in hyperHQ when i add parameters to mame, it looks like what you did in your first post was correct. HS seems to put the parameters after the rom name which i think is the way it should go. To test if it works, just add a parameter that is obvious. I cant remember the mame command line switches, but the best one to try would be disabling sound (maybe -nosound?).

Thanks Brian. Works like a charm. Now my only problem is Mame does not want to run using direct draw. Is this because I am running windows 7?

Probably not? I think it may be a driver issue. Though I understand you may have your latest and greatest driver installed correctly.

Want to attach your MAME.ini that fails when set to ddraw?

• 3 years later...

thanks, your post hinted me to something I was looking for and that was to skip the gameinfo at start (not the OK screen, but the screen after it)

For 64-bit official mame binary, open a command prompt (cmd):

-------------------------------------------------------------

cd c:\hyperspin\emulators\mame (go to mame directory)

mame64 -? (display options)

mame64 -createconfig (create the mame.ini file)

notepad mame.ini (open the mame.ini file)

change setting "skip_gameinfo" to 1 (to skip the gameinfo at start op)

close notepad and save the changes

Archived