Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperSpin doesn't recognize all of my games

avidsonicfan1991

I am almost finished with setting up my HyperSpin setup, but there's one big problem. It's not a dealbreaker by any means, but it may become a hindrance in hindsight.

Most of the games I have loaded into HyperSpin are recognized, but sometimes, things just don't come up! For example, games like Q-Bert for the Dreamcast and Wheel of Fortune for the Sega CD just don't show up in HyperSpin at all, even though RocketLauncher recognizes them perfectly!

And there are other instances where the games could be recognized, but not the video snaps! The only example I could think of is Mr. Bones for the Sega Saturn. I CLEARLY have the snaps from EmuMovies downloaded, renamed to match my iso, and placed in the appropriate folder, and yet HyperSpin STILL doesn't recognize it and gives me the "Video Snaps available at EmuMovies.com" message instead!

Not a major problem, but I would still love it for HyperSpin to recognize ALL of the content I mounted there!

1 hour ago, Yeuxkes said:

Make sure your roms are named exactly like the listing in the database. Names are CaSe sensitive and this will probably be your issue.

I have checked all that! If RocketLauncher recognizes them, HyperSpin should!

Actually, never mind! After I have typed that first sentence, I have decided to go through the Databases files in the HyperSpin files and found out that I have titled the Wheel of fortune iso "Wheel Of Fortune", and yet RocketLauncher still recognizes it perfectly! HyperSpin wants me to name it "Wheel of Fortune" instead.

So, basically, RocketLauncher doesn't care about case, but HyperSpin does!

Also, I have just realized that I thought I downloaded the Mr. Bones video snaps, but I don't think I did! I GENUINELY thought I did!!!

EDIT: I still have a few Roms that are not recognized even though they're all named and capitalized correctly! Here is the list of ones not recognized so far, but I realized that half of my PS2 iso section is completely blank according to HyperSpin, which is why you'll see a LOT of PS2 titles here:

Donkey Kong (Atari 7800)

Play with the Teletubbies (PlayStation)

Strikers 1945 (PlayStation)

Crazy Taxi 2 (Dreamcast)

Amplitude (PlayStation 2)

Atari Anthology (PlayStation 2)

Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 1 (PlayStation 2)

Cold Fear (PlayStation 2)

Disaster Report (PlayStation 2)

Dr. Muto (PlayStation 2)

God of War (PlayStation 2)

God of War II (PlayStation 2)

Haunting Ground (PlayStation 2)

Klonoa 2 - Lunatea's Veil (PlayStation 2)

Kuon (PlayStation 2)

Obscure (PlayStation 2)

Ratchet and Clank - Going Commando (PlayStation 2)

Ratchet and Clank - Size Matters (PlayStation 2)

Rule of Rose (PlayStation 2)

Shadow Hearts - Covenant (PlayStation 2)

Gitaroo Man Lives! (PSP)

Half-Minute Hero (PSP)

Mimana - Iyar Chronicle (PSP)

OutRun 2006 - Coast 2 Coast (PSP)

Pangya - Fantasy Golf - (PSP)

Untold Legends - The Warrior's Code (PSP)

Yggdra Union - We'll Never Fight Alone (PSP)

Ys - The Oath in Felghana (PSP)

Yeah Rlauncher doesn't care all that much about capitalisation but I know from experience that Hyperspin insists the rom and media are named correctly.

There's tools which do just that tho, look for Don's HyperSpin Tools 4.3.0 Beta if you need to rename a bunch of files at once.

Archived