Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

AutoHotKey help needed

lilcheeks

I have the latest version of RL and Hyperspin and i just added Visual Pinball (specifically VPX) to my setup. I need to bind my side pinball buttons to different buttons on my control panel so my kids who have short arms can play pinball.  I've setup Visual Pinball in Hyperspin and Rocket Launcher, and it loads my games just fine from Hyperspin or directly from Rocketlauncher.  I created a profile for the Emulator (in this case Visual Pinball 10) and created my two hot keys. I clicked the green lightning button in RocketLauncher keymapper to test if it worked, and i'm able to see my hotkeys work properly in that test window that pops up. Then I click to launch any one of my pinball tables, and the hotkeys no longer work.  I've tried this through Hyperspin as well as directly from Rocketlauncher and neither worked.  I went back and created profile for the system, that didn't work, so then I tried a profile for a specific game, and still nothing. Is there anything I may be overlooking? I also followed the instructions found in the link below. Any help would be great.  Of if there's a better way to accomplish this, i'm happy to try anything.  

http://www.rlauncher.com/wiki/index.php?title=Internal_remapping_of_keys_(for_SSF_and_similar)

I even tried to leave that test window open and launch Visual Pinball manually without rocketlauncher or hyperspin and that actually creates an issue with the flippers.  One side will get "stuck" in the up position while the other side won't function at all.  This goes away once i close that test window and restart the application. 

1 hour ago, sparton said:

Have you set the AHK method to Internal, either globally or for that system?

Yup, i tried internal and external in both global and the system level.  This morning i even created a profile for the MAME rom 1941 and changed c to 5 and z to 5.  5 is my insert coin key so i figured that would be easy to test.   Using the green lighting bolt in rocket launcher i was able to quickly test and see that both c and z now are 5, which is good.  So a put the AHK method as internal for MAME and fired up the rom 1941, and the button for insert coin that worked was 5.  z and c did nothing.  So i tried the AHK method as external and same results.  Then i changed them to use global and made the global AHK method as internal, and then as external and both did nothing.  I have no idea what i'm doing wrong.  Do I need to install the program auto hot key for these to work?  I thought Rocket Launcher had it built in, but maybe i'm wrong.  It just seems like AHK scripts are ignored when I launch anything.  

I also tried adding a post script for another game to just press Enter for me, and i couldn't get that script to do anything either.  I even used one of the example scripts that come with Rocket Launcher and it did nothing.  Just seems like i'm missing an option to turn AHK "On".

Is there a certain log i could check to see what might be going on?

You don't need to install AHK no.

It's been a while since I did this but I remember I had to play around with the global setttings to get it to work, once it did it was all great and simple though.

From memory;

General Settings > Keymapper > Front End Profile > AHK

Settings > Mapping > Keymapper

Enabled = False

JoyID = False

Kemapper = Blank / False / Diabled

AHK Method = Internal

If it's working when you test it in RLUI then I expect it is just a setting somewhere, or the profile is not setup properly against the system/emulator

Hope this helps.

14 hours ago, sparton said:

You don't need to install AHK no.

It's been a while since I did this but I remember I had to play around with the global setttings to get it to work, once it did it was all great and simple though.

From memory;

General Settings > Keymapper > Front End Profile > AHK

Settings > Mapping > Keymapper

Enabled = False

JoyID = False

Kemapper = Blank / False / Diabled

AHK Method = Internal

If it's working when you test it in RLUI then I expect it is just a setting somewhere, or the profile is not setup properly against the system/emulator

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the suggestion, i've been trying for the last 2 hours and no luck.  It just seems like something is blocking the script but i have no way to know.  I'll keep trying.

Archived