Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Add 'quit confirmation' to a single Mame game?

Gunner

So I find myself constantly bumping my Exit key when playing Golden Tee, not fun. I'm looking for a way to add an exit prompt to that game.

I'm running Mameuifx and did find a check box option under Miscellaneous for 'Quit confirmation on exit' which is exactly what I want. I press Exit and a prompt comes up:

Are you sure you want to quit?

Press "Enter" to quit,

Press "Escape" to return to emulation

But it only works when launching games from the Mameuifx interface. It will not prompt me when I exit a game from Rocketlauncher or Hyperspin.

Any ideas on how to make this work from Hyperspin or perhaps another option? Thanks

Guest hellsing001

Try allocating the escape key to something else so you can't catch it accidentally.

You can have escape mapped to two buttons, such as start and select on a pad (so a single button press won't exit).

hellsing

Thanks I just need it for this one game so I don't want to change my escape key mapping for all of mame.

The ini is created for the game and it has the confirm_quit parameter 1

I think the problem is in the way rocketlauncher/hyperspin exits. It just kills the game and misses that parameter?

Archived