Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Game not taking focus when launching through HS

jevansoh

I'm having a problem again that I had before and there was no resolution, but it just started working and worked for several months.  Now it's not working again. :(

When I launch a Visual Pinball table directly from RocketLauncher, all is well.  It behaves properly.

But when I launch one from HyperSpin, the table never comes into focus.  It just loads in the background and I have to press Alt-Tab to switch to it.

I've tried turning fade in off and a bunch of other settings and just can't figure this out, but again, it works perfectly fine in RL directly.

I'd really appreciate some suggestions here.  I'm pulling my hair out with this one.

Thanks,

--J

• 5 months later...

I don't know the answer to the issue but something you could try is running HS as an administrator. You should be able to right-click the exe and then change the properties to always run it as an administrator.

I've no idea if that will work but running stuff as an administrator has sorted things out for me before.

Is it only when you run Visual Pinball it's an issue or is it on other systems too?

with me everything was working fine and after the win 10 1803 update is when mine went to crap, with the HS patch i was able to get everything else working. when i launch a VP table it launches and loads the table but then freezes up. if i launch the same table outside of HS it launches fine. i have my fades turned off as they have never worked on VP.  this afternoon i will try a few more tables and see if i can narrow it down to which one VP versions are not working.

Archived